The usual link dump of interesting oddities from the depths of ye olde internets:
- One-way and Two-way Door Decisions – An interesting model for decision-making:
What are one-way and two-way door decisions? One-way door decisions are decisions that you can’t easily reverse. These decisions need to be done carefully. Two-way door decisions can be reversed. You can walk through the door, see if you like it, and if not go back. These decisions can be made fast or even automated.
- Edgar Wright: My Favourite Ever Cinema Experiences – Wright always has interesting things to say, and don’t miss the Empire podcast with Wright and Quentin Tarantino talking about the same subject. Those two together are also always worth listening to (see also: the commentary track on Hot Fuzz). All of this makes me miss movie theaters.
- Bread & Milk – Particularly relevant to those of us in the northeast who’ve been dealing with lots of snow of late. Incidentally, working from home makes snow far less annoying.
- Broccoli Wad – Look, I don’t know how to explain this or why it is or even what is going on here, but it’s hard not to watch.
- Predator end credits with The Golden Girls theme song – It fits surprisingly well.
- Paranormal Activity… of cats – Brilliant
- Barely Anyone Believes In QAnon’s Conspiracy Theories – How to find the lies buried within statistics. The actual numbers are basically right around the Lizardman Constant. (Not to toot my own horn, but I kinda love where this serious/important link is falling within this post. You know, right next to other vitally important links. You’re welcome.)
- Giant Military Cats – As the internet has shifted from blogs to social media, the single-serving website has turned into single-serving feeds of dumb, absurdly specific stuff like this. I particularly like this one, which nearly fooled me when it showed up mixed in with my feed (which, as you can no doubt tell, is full of hard-hitting exposes, etc…)
- Perfectly Cut Screams – Another absurdly specific single-serving social media feed…
- James Ellroy Interview on Conan – Classic interview with James Ellroy (who is an absolute maniac), with Dave Chappelle along for the ride (pretty sure he inspired a famous Chappelle Show skit). If you want, this can send you on a real YouTube spiral of Ellroy mania.
So there you have it, another link dump on the books. Stay tuned for the triumphant return of the 1978 Project, amongst other things.