I’m not in a writing mood, so let’s play a little game. I’m starting it off, but if you win, you can continue the game. Here’s how the game is played:
- I’m going to post a screenshot from a movie. If you’re the first person to guess the movie, you win!
- If you win, you have to continue the game by posting a screenshot on your blog with the same rules outlined here (please link here as well). The winner of your round will host the next round, and so on.
- If you don’t have a blog (and if you don’t want to start one), I’ll host the next round as well (the screenshot should still come from the winner, if possible). If you do have a blog, but the winner of your round doesn’t, you should host the next round too.
- Once the winner posts their screenshot, I’ll link to it from this post. Each winner needs to link to the next winner, and so on.
- Only movies are eligible. No television shows.
- If no one can figure out the answer within 3 days, then you’ve stumped the internet. If you want, you can give hints. If we still have no winner, then congratulations, you’ve won. Maybe I’ll start a hall of fame or something. Give everyone the answer, and post another screenshot (or pass the baton to someone else, and link them). If you decide to host the next round, be nice, and post an easier screenshot. This game would be no fun if you keep posting random landscapes from obscure Italian films.
- Update! Optional Rule: If you want, winners can “tag” 5 other bloggers they’d like to see post screenshots on their blogs. This rule was added in November of 2007 to see how it affected adoption of the game.
I guess that’s a good start. I’m sure the rules could use some tweaking here or there, but we’ll cross that bridge when and if we get there.
Let’s kick things off with a ridiculously easy screenshot (click for larger image):
Please answer in the comments. First right answer wins! And yes, I know, this is probably too
easy, but I’m interested to see how this game spreads (or if it speads).
Update: We have a winner. Swipe for answer: The Matrix. Alex is hosting Round 2 of the game!
Updates: I’ll keep a list of all future rounds here:
- Round 2: Alex stumps his readers and posts round 3.
- Round 3: Spencer wins! Alex posts next round.
- Round 4: I won!
- Round 5: Fledgling Otaku wins!
- Round 6: I believe Roosta has posted the correct answer!
- Round 7: Jonathan Vella has won!
- Round 8: Alex is hosting Round 8 for Jonathan. Beth wins!
- Round 9: Long time compatriot Dave wins!
- Round 10: Roy wins!
- Round 11: Jaclyn Wins! Roy to host the next round too…
- Round 12: I won!
- Round 13: Dave wins!
- Round 14: Sov wins! Since she doesn’t have a screenshot and it’s been a while, I’m hosting the next round…
- Round 15: Alex wins.
- Round 16: Roy wins
- Round 17: Krafty wins!
- Round 18: Alex wins!
- Round 19: Roy wins…
- Round 20: By the power of Grayskull, Alex has won.
- Round 21: I win!
- Round 22: The 5 Screenshot Extravaganza! With the aid of some hints, Roy wins!
- Round 23:rich wins.
- Round 24: Requiem for a Meme (current round)
Update: Added a new optional rule, and brought the game back from death with round 24.
8 thoughts on “Movie Screenshot Game”
Das Matrix, I believe.
We have a winner! And he has a blog. Let me know when your post is up, Alex, and I’ll add a link.
New one’s up. Let’s hope it doesn’t fizzle and die again.
Round 7 has been posted!
Just to double make sure, I’m actually hosting round 8. Jonathan is my cousin and live spaces suck.
I won round 17! woo-hoo! Will comment again when I’ve posted my screenshot.
Round 18 is up at:
Comments are closed.