The usual link dump of interesting stuffs found in the depths of ye olde internets. Hard to believe it’s been almost 3 months since the last one of these, so strap in:
- Report: Holy Shit, There Still 50 Minutes Left In Movie – We take the Onion for granted. There are times of the year when my movie watching is focused on one theme or the other. One is obviously the Six Weeks of Halloween, which is interesting in this context because they tend to be rather short, 90ish minute affairs. But I’m currently still catching up with 2022 movies, including the rush of prestige flicks released at the end of the year… and I rather frequently get to that 90 minute mark and see that there’s still, like, an hour left in the movie and my only thought is “How? How is there so much movie left?”
- seinpeaks – This account is dedicated to setting Seinfeld to Angelo Badalamenti’s Twin Peaks score, and it’s surprisingly well done.
- Woman found lookalike online — and killed her to fake own death – Alright, fine, I’ll read your stupid article.
- Whole ‘nother Story – February – Tough but fair.
- Michelle Yeoh, Angela Bassett and More React to 2023 Oscar Nominations – Buried in this story is this gem from Todd Field (director of Tár):
What would be Lydia Tár’s favorite movie of the year?
Oh, I think you know the answer to that.
I think it would be “Tár.”
Do you have a favorite “Tár” meme?
People send me hysterical stuff. People have taken it so far beyond what any of us would have allowed ourselves to imagine. I think Lydia Tár, herself, would appreciate it, being a lover of anagrams and wordplay.
Did you ever expect the character to resonate so deeply?
Are you crazy? Of course not. But she’s very real to me. That’s a testament to Cate Blanchett.
- Cheating Rumors – This happened less than two weeks ago and it was all over the place for like a day, but I doubt anyone remembers anything about Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Joey King anymore, but this video is funny and probably took longer to create than the whole news cycle covering it.
- Fake trivia for Do the Right Thing on the IMDB Trivia Page – Dude made up a ridiculous bit of trivia about how the heatwave in Do the Right Thing was inspired by an early script for Predator 2. It’s still on the IMDB trivia page and has 35 likes.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned, for the Top 10 Movies of the year post is coming… soon?