The great comedown from the Six Weeks of Halloween has begun, so let’s just enjoy some links from the depths of ye olde internets:
- Tenet – A Misunderstood Masterpiece – I’ve seen Tenet a couple of times, and I think I’m in the same boat as this guy.
- Paul Thomas Anderson on ‘Licorice Pizza’ and Moviemaking – This interview is getting a lot of play because PTA said four magical words: “I liked ‘Venom 2’.” I really appreciate how PTA’s tastes vary so greatly. This reminded me of that great interview he did with Jordan Peele in Fangoria a while back. They kept talking about all these trashy horror movies they enjoyed, and PTA was very enthused about Hostel 2, which just stuck out in my mind. Anyway, I’m looking forward to Licorice Pizza (the movie, not the food, which sounds like a grotesque fusion of flavors).
- I Tried 30 Mustards This Summer. These Were the Best. – I like the sheer variety of mustard…
- Guy Who is About to Die in Space – Making fun of the video diaries you find in video games
- Use the voice – New meme template dropped. This is probably my favorite, but there’ve been many excellent ones out there.
- Sentient Fire Alarms – I ran across this and have no idea if it’s real (I mean, I hope it’s not, but I’m not going to expend the energy to figure it out), but it brought back memories of The Rebel Fire Alarms, one of those tandem stories visitors to this site wrote decades ago (yeesh)
- Man gets eaten by piranhas after drowning in lake while escaping bee attack – Alright, fine, I’ll read your stupid article.
- If libraries were like delis – These kids with their tiktok videos.
- The Minus Man (1999 Trailer) 34th Best Trailer Of All Time – Maybe the strangest teaser trailer I’ve ever seen, in service of an obscure 90s serial killer movie. This thing makes no sense and is, indeed, psychotic.
- Interstellar Lightbulb – Perfect.
That’s all for now…