Well, the weekend just sorta got away from me, so here, enjoy some links culled from the depths of ye olde internets:
- The Food Lab’s Top 30 Hot Sauces, in No Particular Order – Absurdly comprehensive guide to hot sauces, it doesn’t have a couple of my favorites, but I discovered some new ones here too…
- The Internal Monologue Of A New Mom Making Mom Friends – I don’t really know what to say about this, so I’ll just pull a quote for you:
What I need is a Grindr for moms. Oh, wait, that got weird. That’s not what I mean! Grindr without the sex part; just the proximity part. So, like super-boring Grindr. Stick with me. I need an app that’s like, “There are 3 other moms within a 4-block radius whose children are in bed and have a spouse or sitter on duty and could walk to your house to split this bottle of Cab.”
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century – The niche-ification of culture continues unabated. These are great though…
- The Economics of Suspense – Interesting angle for discussion on suspense:
It’s a lesson that the filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan, for one, seems to have missed. Once it’s common knowledge that your movie will have a dramatic, unexpected plot twist at the end, then your movie no longer has a dramatic, unexpected plot twist at the end.
I’ve been saying that particular thing for years…
- A Q&A With the Creator of a ‘Fallout 4’ Mod That Flips the Toilet Paper Around – Everything about this is great/terrible.
That’s all for now!