Things are getting festive around here, so here’s a few quick links for your holiday enjoyment:
- Arnold’s Very Special Xmas Party – With very special guest… Mike Tyson!? I have no idea where it came from, but this video is astounding.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Colin Nissan – A more detailed account of the infamous twelve gifts. Sample:
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle doves. Wow, she’s really into the avian theme this year. Um, thank you? I guess I’ll just put them in the kitchen with the partridge and the pear tree, which suddenly seems a lot bigger than it did yesterday.
Things get weirder and weirder as the 12 days continue. Heh.
- Crazy Christmas Cards from 1955! – So this guy found a box filled with Christmas cards from his grandfather’s failed attempt at starting a greeting card company a few years after WWII. It’s an interesting story, but this card is just profoundly weird. Look at this thing:
Yikes. Also kinda awesome. It’s too late to order now, but he is selling them, which is pretty funny because while the whole project bankrupted his grandfather, it’s probably selling pretty well these days.
- Bing and Bowie: An Odd Story of Holiday Harmony – The backstory behind the improbable Bing Crosby and David Bowie duet “Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy” (which, because it’s in a newspaper, doesn’t actually have a link to the song, which you can watch on Youtube).
- It’s Beginning to Look Alot Like Fishmen – A Lovecraftian take on Christmas music, based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Heh.
That’s all for now, hope you all have a happy holiday!