Even though it is infrequently observed, Friday is list day, so here’s a couple lists…
Not So Random 10
Holiday music generally gets overplayed, but let’s see what comes up:
- Shostakovich – “Suite #2 For Jazz Orchestra – Waltz #2”
- Vince Guaraldi – “Linus and Lucy”
- Bobby Helms – “Jingle Bell Rock”
- Weezer – “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”
- John Lennon – “Happy Xmas”
- Tchaikovsky – “The Nutcracker Suite”
- Gary Hoey – “Carol of the Bells”
- Bruce Springsteen – “Merry Christmas Baby”
- Vince Guaraldi – “Christmas Time Is Here”
- Sufjan Stevens – “Come on! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance!”
Yeah, so some of those are reallly overplayed, but what the hey.
Holiday Link Dump
- Faux Fire – Do they still put that fireplace thing on TV these days? I don’t think they do, which makes this site fun.
- White Christmas: Zack Kim plays the song using two guitars (at once!)
- The Mr Do and Mr Don’t Holiday Special – Some good advice in here.
- It’s an MST3k Christmas – Compulsory viewing!
- The 10 Least Successful Holiday Specials of All Time – John Scalzi recounts some less than appealing specials, including The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: “A Most Illogical Holiday” and A Canadian Christmas with David Cronenberg. Awesome.
- Nine Inch Noels – Words fail me.
- 13 Days of Christmas – Those Needcofee folks have upstaged me by doing a whole extra day of Christmas (and have been doing it for several years too).
Well, that’s all for now. Stay tuned for what passes as a Christmas tree around here as well as Egg Nog madness.