It’s been months since I’ve posted one of these, and even Roy isn’t doing this anymore, but I figure, why not?
- The Secret Machines – “Road Leads Where It’s Led”
- Yoko Kanno – “Too Good Too Bad”
- Guster – “Red Oyster Cult”
- Mike Oldfield – “Tubular Bells Part One”
- UNKLE – “Bloodstain”
- Weezer – “Hash Pipe”
- The New Pornographers – “The Bleeding Heart Show”
- Modest Mouse – “People as Places”
- Steroid Maximus – “Aclectasis”
- Jimi Hendrix – “Machine Gun”
5 Underappreciated or Unknown Horror Movies
- Mute Witness: Perhaps not strictly a horror film, but it’s a very tense thriller, which is close enough in my book.
- Bay of Blood: A great openeing sequence, lots of inventive death sequences (most of which were lifted by American films, notably the Friday the 13th series), and an ending so absurd that I’m still not sure it actually happened.
- Parents: I haven’t seen this in years and it probably doesn’t really count as horror, but I think I’m one of about 6 people who’ve ever seen this. It plays it’s story straight, but it’s almost kinda funny.
- Bubba Ho-tep: I don’t know if this counts as overrated, but Bruce Campbell as an aging Elvis (who had faked his death) fighting a mummy in a Texas old-folks home (alongside a black JFK). What more can you ask for?
- Manos: The Hands of Fate: Heh, just kidding.