Interesting links from the depths of the internets:
- The Greatest Pizza Box on Planet Earth – On Wednesday, I talked about a podcast called the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin show, and one of the folks he interviewed was this guy Scott, who does tours of NY city’s pizzarias. It’s a great episode of the podcast, and this guy is clearly passionate about his pizza. I stumbled on this video where he discusses pizza boxes, and one of the more advanced boxes that doesn’t make the pizza soggy while still keeping it hot (and which also is reusable).
- Elijah Wood – 7 Minutes in Heaven – I wasn’t expecting much out of this, but it’s pretty damn funny. Also, it’s a ripoff! Only 4 minutes long! Anyway, some funny discussion about furries, boobs, Frodo, and home depot.
- Practical Tips on Writing a Book from 23 Brilliant Authors – Some of it is relatively obvious (“write every day!”), but then, it probably still needs to be said. From what I’ve seen, a lot of aspiring authors spend a lot of time worrying about the business end of things – agents, publishers, and the like – without really writing a lot. But what do I know. Still, interesting reading.
- The Un-Gone – Interesting science fiction short. I like it, and it has an interesting idea at its core, but the conflict is a bit overdone, implausible, and pessimistic. That sort of thing isn’t always bad, but most filmic versions of SF seem to be that way, which is bad. We need more SF movies that get the whole SF sense of wonder that is so prominent in SF literature.
- Darth Vader Goes to Disneyland – I should impose a moratorium on cute Star Wars and Super Mario Brothers links, I think. Still, they’re fun sometimes.
Just a note that I’ll be traveling this week and thus there won’t be a post on Wednesday. See you next week!