Recent tales of adventure on the internet:
- Starbucks in Starbucks – Starbuck and Starbuck drinking Starbucks in Starbucks.
- Conan – Otaku kun’s thoughts on the upcoming Conan reboot. While I’m no expert on the subject, I do have an inordinate fondness for the original Schwartzenegger films (yes, even Destroyer, which I recognize as objectively horrible, but love anyway) and there seems to be much truth in Otakun’s post. But the real kicker is his last line, which is a brilliant reduction to the core issue here: “Are we in for EMO Conan? Or will we see him punch a camel?”
- What’s wrong with this Star Trek picture – Funny all by itself, but elevated significantly by the caption.
- North By Lightsaber – Thanks internet, I needed that.
- Hobbes And Bacon – What a wonderful idea. Calvin and Hobbes, the next generation! (also via Otaku kun). Also: naming your child Bacon? Brilliant.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Dead, Vader Says – Pitch perfect parody of NYT, among other nerdier pursuits. It’s the little details that really make it great – particularly the sidebar. Also, as Jonathan Last points out, don’t skip the comments, which are almost equally brilliant. “Why won’t Lord Vader show us the body?!” (Particularly funny because there is no body.) “Alderaan was an inside job!” And so on. Heh.
- Spin Around – Why hasn’t this camera angle been used in a movie? Like, perhaps, Conan.
- Unreal Stunt – Wow.
- AT&T Phone Conversation By An Awesome Person
That’s all for now!