Hooray for link dumps. Everyone likes link dumps! Right? RIGHT?
- 6th Annual Oscar Liveblogging on Sunday! Yes, I know, the Oscars are a boring, essentially meaningless awards show in which a bunch of self-congratulatory Hollywood insiders pat themselves on the back for making crappy movies. But that’s precisely why I liveblog it – it’s much more interesting that way! I suppose the fact that I get drunk every year helps too (it’s not my fault, really! Have you ever seen those music performances on the Oscars while sober?). It’s also one of those rare occassions where a live event coincides with my blogging schedule, so I feel obligated to oblige. Anyway, feel free to drop by and join in. Previous installments are here: [2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004]
- What’s the deal with all the fake, retro-style book covers for other media like Movies and Video Games? Not that I don’t love them, but it’s just odd that they just started kinda happening lately… Here are two of my favorites. The Highlander poster is hysterical, while the Mirror’s Edge poster calls to mind the old-style Criterion Collection art.
- Man in the Box – Star Wars vs. Sports: I’ve always maintained that sports nuts are just as nerdy as star wars geeks (or any other nerdy faction). Seriously, sports nerds are probably better at statistics than most star wars geeks. Of course, I say this as I approach the constitutional amendment phase of my fantasy baseball league.
- Alternate History Search Results: John Scalzi does a live reading of his story, and it’s pretty funny! It reminded me of Wikihistory, a hilarious story written in the style of an online message board for time travelers.
- A Dialogue With Sarah, Aged 3: In Which It Is Shown That If Your Dad Is a Chemistry Professor, Asking “Why” Can Be Dangerous: I think that’s pretty self explanatory, but it’s funny too.
That’s all for now, see you on Sunday!