For obvious reasons, time is a little short these days, so here are a few links I’ve found interesting lately:
- Still Life – This is a rather creepy short film directed by Jon Knautz. It has a very Twilight Zoney type of feel, and a rather dark ending, but it’s quite compelling. Knautz went on to make Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer… alas, that film, while containing a certain charm for the horror aficionado, isn’t quite as good as this short.
- Zero Punctuation: Assassin’s Creed: I’ve seen some of Yahtzee’s video game reviews before, but while they are certainly entertaining to watch, I’ve never quite known whether or not they were actually useful. It can be a lot of fun to watch someone lay the smackdown on stupid games, and Yahtzee certainly has a knack for doing that (plus he has a British accent, and us Americans apparently love to hear Brits rip into stuf), but you never really know how representative of the actual game it really is. Well, after spending a lot of time playing around with Assassin’s Creed this week, I have to say that Yahtzee’s review is dead on, and hilarious to boot.
- A Batman Conversation: It’s sad and in poor taste, but I bet some variant of this conversation happened quite frequently about a year ago.
- MGK Versus His Adolescent Reading Habits: Look! I’m only like 2 months behind the curve on this one! MGK posts a bunch of parodies of book covers from famous SF and fantasy authors (I particularly enjoyed the Asimov, Heinlein, and even the Zahn one).
- Top Ten Astronomy Pictures of 2008: Self-explanatory, but there are some pretty cool pics in here…
- Books as Games: I realize most of my readers also read Shamus, but still, this faux-review of Snow Crash if it were created as a video game before it became a book but in the present day (it, uh, makes more sense in his post) is pretty cool.
- “Sacred Cow Slayings” Rumored at Sony… Is PlayStation In Jeopardy?: It figures… I finally get off my butt and buy a PS3 and then rumors start appearing that Sony is about to can the program. I don’t think it will happen, but this news is obviously not comforting…
- Keanu Reeves wants to make a live-action version of Cowboy Bebop. No comment.