- New Horror Movie Trailer - I'll leave it a surprise, but it's a pitch perfect parody.
- Do Vampires Get Married More Often Than Werewolves? - Based on 2,231 books that spend a substantial amount of time talking about werewolves and/or vampires. It turns out that Werewolve's marry more often, but Vampires get more action (especially explicit action).
- Why Armond White got kicked out of the New York Film Critics Circle - Say what you will about Armond White (a famous contrarian who argues things like Paul W.S. Anderson being a better director than Paul Thomas Anderson), but this latest scuffle seems rather odd to me. The basics:
This morning, the members of the New York Film Critics Circle, including me, voted to expel Armond White, the former critic of the now-defunct New York Press (and currently the editor and movie critic of CityArts), from the group. To me, it was a sad moment — pathetic, really, though Armond brought it on himself. A week ago, at the Circle’s annual awards dinner, White made a rude and bellicose spectacle of himself, as he did the year before, by heckling one of the winners — in this case, Steve McQueen, the director of 12 Years a Slave, a movie that White, in his review, had dismissed as "torture porn."Now, I wasn't there, so I have no idea what really happened (White denies saying the things he's accused of), but this seems like a rather excessive punishment. This is a guy who's chaired the committee multiple times, and while I doubt anyone agrees with White that often, he's at least a thought provoking, interesting critic. The thing that strikes me as odd is... why kick him out? He wasn't suspended for a time or banned from this awards dinner, they went with the nuclear option. Owen Gleiberman gives his reasoning in the linked article, but it seems to amount to hearsay. This is strange because Gleiberman spends most of the article praising White's virtues, which are not hearsay. It feels like there's more going on here.
- String theory: Lauren Beukes plots her time-travel murder-mystery - Sweet merciful crap, look at that crazy board.
- Daycare Questionaire - Filled out by an awesome person.
Yet more links from the depths of the internet, posted for your enjoyment: