Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010

So a while ago on 4k, I think I mentioned that I read this Dan Simmons book and hated it so much that I literally screwed it shut. I believe I said I'd take a picture of the book if I found it... well, I did, so here's the pictures, as promised (click for larger).

It;s a little hard to see, but it's right there in the middle of the book (in the little castle)
    screwed book

I opened the back cover so that you could get a better look at the screw:
    screwed book

As I think I mentioned on 4k, it wasn't so much that I was overly angry or anything... I think I was just curious to see if it would work, and I genuinely did not like this book, so if things went awry, it was no big loss. I turned out that it was surprisingly easy to drill the screw through the book... and I haven't done it since then.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010

Now to just drop it off at a donation box that accepts books!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010

That might not go that well. Then again, if someone actually read it, that would be worse, so I guess it's a good idea!