Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

So I get this letter in the mail today. It's from AT&T, my cellphone provider. I get a discount with them because apparently my employer made some sort of deal with them (it's quite the craptacular discount). Anyway, this is the key point of the letter:

We apologize that this discount was inadvertently placed on your account and will be removed

Now, I could care less about the "discount" (it's actually not a discount at all - it's like, extra minutes per month, which I never use), but I just thought the grammar of that was pretty funny, because AT&T is basically apologizing to me for giving me a discount. If I were AT&T, I would have worded it differently. Something about how arrogant I was for thinking I'd get away with it. Or something.

Things going well here, looking forward to my vacation:P Last day of work tomorrow. Funnily enough, someone said today that next week will start the final phase of the never-ending project I've been working on, which is funny because, well, I won't be there. Incidentally, I don't actually believe it will happen next week, but that's another story. Anywho, see you (some of you, at least) soon!

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

Oh AT&T, you are so awesomely bad sometimes. My sister had trouble with them in the past, but overall she's happy. Well, when you have an iPhone, it's either suck it up or get a different phone.

Maybe two weeks ago Charles said that it was looking like planning for the next processor, which he enjoys doing, was going to start during our vacation, which is what happened to him last time. But, I think they're running a little behind on schedule, so he shouldn't miss out on the fun stuff. I will be missing my second staff meeting in a row but not much else. I had some important deadlines the past couple of days, but everything that's important is done, that I'm aware of.

My mind has been preoccupied with so many other things that I haven't thought much about our vacation, so I guess it's good that we are taking one!
    • CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010

I'm really looking forward to my vacation next week too. Although it sucks that I couldn't work out a way to be on the East Coast when many of my favorite 4kers will be about.

In addition to not being at work, working on my claims when on vacation...other people have to work on them. So, not only am I not getting claims assigned for two weeks, my pending is diminishing while I laze about at the lake and take my niece to museums. The downside is by the time I get back, other people will start going on vacation and taking "costs savings days" and then I have to work on their desks, too.