Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

Hey tallman,

I was visiting a Newbury Comics and I noticed a sale and thought of you--you're a blade runner fan, right? NC has the five disc ultimate edition, in the suitcase, for like $30 now, and it looks like it's up on Amazon for about the same price. If you haven't picked it up yet, it's worth checking out.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

You know, I was just thinking that I should post something in here because it's kinda dead.

In any case, yes, I actually have the 5 disc blu-ray edition of Blade Runner. It is indeed pretty sweet, though I don't have the suitcase or anything. Actually, I'm pretty impressed with how they were able to fit all 5 discs into a case about the same size as your average BD (maybe a little thicker, but not by much).

Interestingly, I feel like Blade Runner gets better every time I watch it. The first time I saw it, I liked it, but didn't really get why it was so beloved. At this point, I think I do get it, and I really enjoy watching it, much moreso than I did upon first watching.

One of the things I do find a bit odd is how Ridley Scott never seems to have a final movie. There are lots of directors cuts around for lots of movies, but rarely do you see a movie that has literally 4 different cuts (work print, original theatrical, directors cut, and the final cut) that have been released on the same DVD collection. Interestingly, the last Alien DVD that I got also had another (drastically inferior) version of the movie on it. And I'm pretty sure Kingdom of Heaven has, like, 5 versions. What is it with Scott? I suppose he has lots of other movies, but still.

~tallman