Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009

I used white out today for the first time in like 10 years. Stupid paper. Why can't paper be more like computer. When someone makes a mistake on a computer, you just use the delete button and everything's fine. But nooooooooo, paper has to be permanent. Look at me, I'm paper! If you make a mistake when you write on me, I won't let you fix me, because I'm paper and you're stupid. Stupid condescending paper.

Anywho, I just placed my first order for the 2009 Philly film fest. Only 5 films in the queue so far. There's at least one more I'm considering, but I may not make it. Also a little annoyed that I didn't order earlier, as I might have been able to get a ticket for Moon, which sold out. Darnit.

So I have next week off, and it will be good because a bunch of the screenings are taking place during the daytime (so I wouldn't have been able to go if I didn't take the vacation). Also have the vaunted fantasy baseball draft coming up on Saturday, which should be fun.

I took the weekend off from Wii fit, yet I somehow managed to still lose 2 pounds. Go me. I'm not sure what to make of Wii Fit. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it. Question, if anyone else here uses Wii fit, do you wear shoes while doing the various exercises? I'm usually just wearing socks, and I suspect I would have an easier time balancing if I had shoes on. Or something.

So how's everyone else doing? Good I hope? I think I'll go read and then go to bed. Or something. Have a good one:)

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009

I'm doing pretty well. I went up to visit my brother who lives outside of Boston on Friday, that was a really fun time. We drank until 4:30 in the morning (I rarely drink that heavily anymore, but it was fun, a good group of people and some high quality whiskey and beer), then decided to walk the 8 miles back to his house. The sun was up and it was about 8 am by the time we got back. We slept for a few hours, then went hiking that afternoon...good times.

I remember being in high school in the mid 90's, and reading an article somewhere that talked about the future as a "paperless world." And going to college, and being baffled by professors who wanted me to email them my work...why didn't they want a hard copy? I didn't trust them or the concept.

Fast forward a few years, when I went back to school for my second round, and particularly when I started working in an office (sort of, I don't spend much time in the office) environment I was baffled, even annoyed that anyone would want a hard copy of anything. I would think "Why would you want that, I can just email it to you." I think it's funny that within a few years, I did a complete and unconscious 180.

Even funnier, despite that, I still own whiteout, and for some unknown reason, it's sitting next to my computer monitor right now...I can't imagine why, I haven't whited anything out in years.

Wii Fit sounds fun, but I don't own a Wii, and I get more exercise than I have time for already with running. If you're doing anything that involves impact on your feet, tallman, I'd wear a pair of shoes. Running, jumping, that sort of stuff...but if it's low impact, I'd think you're safe in bare feet...though you could always try it in shoes and see how it goes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009

I use white out in my checkbook. I do use it for other things a few times a year. I've used it at work about three times since starting in February. There are so many forms of white out now: good ol' liquid with brush, liquid with foam brush, pen, tape...maybe another one I'm forgetting.

I hope you enjoy your week off, tallman. You are just crazy about movies.

I usually am barefoot when doing Wii Fit. Since I'm the only one who plays, I don't worry about getting my feet cooties on the balance board. I'm also a bit of a klutz, so wearing shoes and doing any sort of short-stepping around the board would lead to me falling on my face.
    I haven't done Fit it in a looooong while though. Hurting my back about 2 months ago really screwed me up on exercise. Doesn't take much to knock me off any sort of routine. But I have been doing physical therapy, which is good exercise for one's core muscles.

So tallman, you may have seen at 4k that there was a fierce hail storm here in Austin on Wednesday. My car is riddled with dents on the roof and hood. One of the tail light covers is broken, and my windshield has five areas of cracks, one of which is growing. They're all on the periphery of the glass though, so at least I can still see. I consider myself quite lucky because many neighbors' cars had windshields completely shattered, leaving huge openings, which was unfortunate due to all the rain we've had since.
    An outer pane of the window here in the computer room was broken, along with the windows of many neighbors. The transparent plastic skylight cover in the breezeway broke, so now there's a board over that opening, which means my dining room is now very dark. And the trees. The ground was covered in vegetation. That was cleaned up yesterday using some of the noisiest machinery I have ever heard.

My insurance policy should cover everything. I was supposed to schedule a time to get an estimate, but I didn't have a chance to do that today, so I guess I'll have to wait until next week. This will be the third year in a row that I will have major repairs done to my car. 2007 saw a new bumper. 2008 was the kayak-through-the-back windshield ordeal. I love my car and would rather repair it then throw my hands in the air and say Eff It.

Oh, and supposedly I need new struts. At first I thought the mechanic was just trying to milk me for more money, but I have noticed an obvious lack of shock absorption in my car in the past 6 months. But I was quoted $1,000 for that. No thanks.