Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009 edited

Hello all, hope everyone is well. It's been a long time since I've checked in.

Things are more or less the same out here...I'm still muddling through life, job, all that crap. I've been running a ridiculous amount...I'm training for a full marathon in the beginning of May. Although a certain amount of the training has become basic drudgery, I'm still enjoying it very much overall, and am in probably the best shape I've been in since I was a teenager.

As I commented on the blog, I saw Watchmen tonight, and pretty much liked it, and very much want to read the original now. My girlfriend's first comment on leaving the theater was "You know, they could have just retitled the movie Glowing Blue Dong."

In other news, tallman, you'll no doubt be pleased to hear I'm about a quarter of my way into Thomas Pynchon's novel Against the Day, and so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I own a copy of Gravity's Rainbow, but only got a little ways into that before greener, easier to comprehend pastures called, though another, more spirited attempt is in my future, based upon my enjoyment of this one.

I also just watched the last of the direct to DVD Futurama releases, all of which I liked but thought could have been stronger. The second was the best of the lot. It saddens me to think this could be the end of one of my favorite shows, but based on it's popularity, I'd be surprised if it didn't return in one form or another. It was nice to see the series have a proper ending, fittingly enough, alluding to the possibility of something in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009

Hi foucault! I should check my own forum more often. I'm a day late. Anyway, good to hear from you. I think too much has been made of Dr Manhattan's glowing wang-doodle, but that's just me.

So Against the Day isn't quite as impenetrable as Gravity's Rainbow? I may check it out then. I liked Gravity, but man, I'm not sure I can take another of those epic and sometimes incomprehensible post-modern exercises. As it is, I have like 5 books I want to read on my shelf already, so it might be a while.

Futurama gets better and better with time. I haven't really kept up with the new DVD releases... hmm, let me go to netflix... and... there, will get one of them this weekend. Heh, one of them is named "Bender's Game" hehee, that's funny by itself.

So yeah, I'm still on something of a video game bender (uh, no pun intended, or maybe it was?). I finished Dead Space last week. Decent game. I know DyRE loved it, but it fell kinda flat for me. The ending cutscene was awesome though. I loved that. But there were some things about the game that just annoyed the piss out of me. I mean, save points? Save points? Didn't we get past that like 15 years ago?

It's funny, buying the PS3 makes me want to play all sorts of other games. I even fired up my PS2 to play more of Shadow of the Colossus. I got stuck in the game a long time ago and haven't picked it up since. But I looked it up and found out how to beat the place I was stuck at, and have continued on from there. The game is a really neat idea (it's basically just a series of boss fights - there are only like 15 enemies in the entire game), but there are some really annoying things about it.

I've also been playing Resistance 2 multiplayer stuff. The online Co-op functionality is fantastic. The deathmatch/capture the flag, etc... portion is ridiculous. I'm not sure how they do the matchups, but I always seem to be playing against these super-experienced people who just kick my ass. That's no fun! But co-op is fun. I should write a review of the Resistance games on my blog. And while I'm at it, CoD4 and Dead Space too.

I've also been playing Flower. It's a really interesting game - about the opposite of all the other games I've played on the PS3 (i.e not at all violent, etc...). It's simplistic too, and somewhat relaxing.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited

Good luck with the marathon, foucault. I always tell myself I should do something like that. Bravo for you doing it.

It's funny, tallman, that you only thought Dead Space was decent and have finished (and blogged) it but I haven't yet. I kinda went out of a video game phase, I think. Of course now that I'm thinking about it, I'll probably jump back in.

Dr. Manhattan's glowing blue cock is my life. I will be revitalizing my blogger account to discuss its unnatural x-axis sways and the need for more prominence given to his balls.

Actually, that might be fun if only as an excuse to attach a synonym for penis at the end of the phrase "glowing blue" on a daily basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009

Heh, I'm obviously in a video game phase and have probably been playing way too much. I actually liked the ending of Dead Space. It's worth playing until the end:)

Dude, write that Manhattan post about his blue wang-doodle. I think it's funny how many people mention it, it would be hilarious to read a whole post:p

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009

wang-doodle

I just wanted to say it.