Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008

Heading off to the beach this morning. I'll only be there for a few days. Should be fun, but I might be coming down with a cold or something, which would suck... hard to tell though. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, but now that I'm up and about, it seems to have gone away (mostly, I can still feel it lurking back there... but it's not strong).

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Be back this weekend...

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008 edited

Oh hoy hoy!
    How was the beach? Did you end up sick? Sick on holiday weekends is not cool.

Anybody going to or already doing something fun for the weekend? I have no big plans. Yesterday I spent mostly reading. I read Chuck Palahniuk's Survivor, which is good. I love Palahniuk's sense of humour. I'm also glad I enjoyed Survivor so much because I couldn't stand to finish Choke and had no idea if that would be more indicative of my take on his writing than my love of Fight Club. Strangely enough, I totally want to see the film version of Choke that's coming out soon, despite thinking the book was boring (or, at least, the half that I read). I have a collection of nonfiction by him to read as well. I also read Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diary recently, which is good too. I have more books around here to read. Somewhere there are books I picked up, thinking, oh hell yeah, but now they are hiding. Tomorrow I'm BBQing with my parents. I'm sure you're all riveted.

Passing the baton...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008

...picking up the baton. When I ran track in high school, we did endless "baton passing" drills to train for running relays. You would think (and I still think) that something that simple needn't be repeated endlessly, but there you have it...that was thoroughly useless trivial information. Enjoy!

I, too, hope you were not sick for your vacation, tallman. That just blows.

My weekend has been non-descript. I did nothing much yesterday, and spent most of today running. Tomorrow I'm going fishing, which should be nice and relaxing. T-Minus 5 days and 12 hours until I leave for my vacation, so I've been busy prepping for that, and the half-marathon is a week after I get back, so I've been busy training for that...and that more or less describes my past month.

Passing the baton on...no! You estimate your steps so you're about 10 from the next person, then shout their name, so they start running, and they take the baton at the starting line already running! Do it again, but do it right this time!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008 edited

Ok got it... no, wait, I dropped the baton, hold on a sec, ok, got it again. Shit, am I supposed to run? Which way? Shit. Uh, yeah.

So anyway, wonder of wonders, I didn't get sick. The sore throat stuck around for most of the day Wednesday, but then went away overnight. This is truly strange, as usually this sort of thing gets worse overnight, especially considering that I didn't really take anything to make it better. Perhaps it was the ocean breeze and all its salt-wateredness or something. In any case, the vacation went well, though the weather was far from optimal. Kinda cold and overcast, actually. It never actually rained but the best weather we got was when I was getting in the car to go home.

I played some mini-golf and did really well until my brother told me I was winning, at which point I shit the bed.

Speaking of shitting the bed, I'm getting slaughtered in my fantasy baseball playoffs. Despite having 11 pitching starts during the week (this is really good - you usually only get 5-7), I had a really bad week. My pitching staff, which has been a pretty strong point for me all year, had 2 wins, 7 losses (and losses give you negative points), and 2 non-decisions. Frickin Brandon Webb, arguably the best pitcher on my team, decided to have the worst week of the year (if not his career). Meanwhile, my opponent has CC Sabathia who is amazing in any case, decides to pitch a complete game shutout. Crap. My opponent put up 388 points, which is more than I've put up in any single week of the year. I still have one week left for this round of the playoffs, but it's probably unlikely (but possible!) that I'll make up the 100 or so point difference this week.

Hm. Where was I? Oh, vacation. Uh, not much else went on. Hung out at the beach, read my book, etc... Ate some good seafood. Yeah, fun.

I can't believe how quick the week went though, and am dreading my return on Tuesday. Fleh.

~tallman

(Oh crap, what did I do with the baton!?)