Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008

ALIENS? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? ALIENS?!

I won't say it wasn't entertaining but I won't say it wasn't stupid either.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008

Yeah, that was silly. They definitely went more pulpy than the previous installments. So far, I haven't felt like George Lucas is raping my childhood, but I didn't feel that way about the Star Wars prequels either (though I think I enjoyed them more than most). Anyway, right now, I have this pegged as the worst of the 4 movies, though there are a lot of similarities with Temple of Doom. I can't tell if it's just nostalgia talking though. Take away the familiarity and love of the first movies, and what are you left with? A coworker said it was kinda like National Treasure, and that actually made me think for a minute...

Indy seems to be best when facing Nazis and seeking out something out of Christian history/mythology, though I think the Communists, led by Kate Blanchett were pretty good stand-ins.

You could definitely tell the script went through like 15 people. Way too much going on... an odd mish-mash of stuff going on.

Still, it was ok. About what I expected, which wasn't that much. I was just hoping it wouldn't ruin my childhood, and it doesn't look like it did that.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008

Indiana Jones is definitely better chasing Judeo-Christian artifacts. I didn't mind the Soviets and I actually thought they didn't do a bad job with Indy being older but everything was so ridiculous and full of a million side-stories that never get any details. The first three movies all have the same, really simple plot: Indiana Jones looks for something, gets in trouble. And it worked! Now he's (former?) OSS, there's this double/triple/whatever agent friend of his, FUCKING ALIENS... bah.

It was still totally entertaining. I think the whole thing with the refrigerator in the beginning was a good way of saying "this is going to be silly" and then I could enjoy the rest of the film for what it is.