Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008

So, I'm cruising around the interwebs, and I see this. The new album up for free download?
    I'm going to give it a shot and see if it's any good. I wasn't that impressed with the last few releases, but, what the hell? For free I can take the time to download it and give it a listen.

Thought I'd share.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008

What the fuck!? The guy takes like 6 years between The Fragile and With Teeth (which pretty much sucks, aside from All the Love in the World, which is a great song), but now he's put out like 3 albums in the past 1.5 years. Year Zero (which pretty much sucks), Ghosts I-IV (which I actually like). What happened to this guy? I guess I'm not complaining, but still. Plus, he's giving it away for free, which is pretty cool.

Next thing you know, Tool will put out another album.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008 edited

I thought it was funny how in the years between Aenima and Lateralus, we heard all this stuff about how Tool was involved in a huge lawsuit with their label, and that was the delay...then it took exactly as long for 10,000 Days to come out.

I like the fact that Trent is obviously excited about new distribution models, and I like that he's suddenly become surprisingly prolific...but I agree completely that everything since With Teeth sounds pretty much the same. Ghosts I-IV is cool mostly because it's different. But, anyone who makes decent music, then gives it away for free is pretty cool in my book.

What I've heard of the new album so far is decent...sounds like the better stuff off of Year Zero. The second song sounds a whole lot like Survivalism, but I actually liked that song better than most of the rest of Year Zero.

I think i just agreed with you almost word for word, tallman. I could have just copied and pasted, put your text in quotes, and typed, "I agree."

Unoriginal, that's me. =P