Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008

"That's way beyond my pay grade."

Typically spoken by someone in the employ of the government.

*groan*

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited

Do people actually say that?

Now for something completely different....

The four most major cities in Texas are now a part of Google's StreetView feature, including Austin. They've done a whole bunch of cities across the US. I cannot believe they drove down every single street. They must have hated Austin because of the traffic.

So if you knew my address, you could go check out the entrance to my apartment complex. Kind of cool, but kind of creepy. I like our street because there are lots of trees and all of the residences are well-maintained, but not too perfect (like the suburb in Edward Scissorhands).
    • CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008

Weird, I've never heard someone say that and I am a government employee. I have heard people grumble that something isn't in the contract or job description though.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008

It's usually a cop or military person who's saying it, I think. The last show I saw it on was Battlestar Galactica, but it happens all the time on those cop shows.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008

Yeah. I'll tell you, as someone employed in the military, people complain about paygrade sometimes. I don't know that I've heard someone say, specifically, "That's not in my pay grade" but I've defnitely heard things like "I can't believe I'm being told to do X, Y, and Z. I'm a twelve!" and "Can you believe that so-and-so got a bonus like that? She's only a six, and she's being treated like a thirteen." So, yeah, people are definitely aware of paygrades around here. I don't think it's something we talk about all the time or anything, but it comes up.