Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008

I hate basketball. It's an awful sport. However, I make one exception, and that's Villanova basketball. This year we fielded a decent team, but as of last week, things weren't looking so good for us. Despite beating several big teams, we had an average record, so we were considered a "bubble" team for getting into the NCAA tournament. A lot of people didn't think we'd make it, but low and behold, we got in, and now we've won our first two games. Go Nova. I still hate the sport of basketball, but I'm going to be watching next week when we lose to Kansas. I mean beat. Beat Kansas. Yeah.

In other sports news, I had my fantasy baseball draft last week. Guess who I drafted? John Lackey! My ace pitcher! I drafted him around 2 pm on Saturday. At around 2:30 pm, there was a press conference announcing that John Lackey's arm fell off and wouldn't be reattached until mid may. Yeah! Go me! The No Talent Ass Clowns (my team) were a decent team, but this severely handicaps us. We'll just have to have someone else pick up the slack. Or something.

Ok, enough with the sports. I'm currently watching Battlestar Galactica season 3. I've always like the show, but I've never loved it the way a lot of fans do. It's actually a great show though, and I'm enjoying the 3rd season. Sometimes it seems like they're making it up as they go along (not as bad as Lost though). On the other hand, they seem to have backed themselves out of the corner a few times, so I'm interested. The beginning of the third season was like that. It just seemed like they wrote themselves into the corner, but they did a reasonable job getting out (even if it was a little predictable, it was still a lot of fun).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my multitude of vacations that are coming up. The last two weekends were fun and all, but now I have to work an entire week! Gah! I get to administer reviews to my employees this week too. Fun! Exhausting, actually. Plus we have this big list of requirements documents that need to be written real fast. Gah.

Oh, and happy Easter for any of you who celebrate Easter. Oh, and coming soon: Passover coke! Yay.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008

Baeketball is one of my least favorites, but you will hate to hear that I place it above baseball in terms of watch ability. My theory is that you only need to see the last ten minutes of any given basketball game. Any ten minutes of baseball game is generally only slightly more stimulating than watching golf to me.

I'm just glad basketball season is nearly over, because I was getting pissed off at the news everyday. No matter how much our men's team sucked or how awesome our women's team was doing, the leading story was the men's game. It was making my blood boil.

Hawaii was incredible and relaxing and I really, really did not want to leave. One week was not enough time to even cover the corner of the big island we were on adequately. Last planned vacation for this year is Atlanta next weekend for a wedding. I might spend my tax rebate on flying my family up to see me sometime this summer, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008

No, I agree, baseball is boring. The only time it's really exciting is during the playoffs... and if you're rooting for someone.

I've always said the same thing about basketball games. In fact, I think they should make the entire game 5 minutes long, because the last 5 minutes are what really matter. Plus, all the players would be all amped up and would hold nothing back. It would be exciting! The thing that really bothers me about basketball is all the fouls, and the intentionally fouling the other team strategy that basically happens at the end of every game. Gah. It shouldn't take an hour to watch the last 5 minutes of the game.

~tallman