Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008

Waaaa! I can't see the eclipse because there's total cloud cover in Austin. It's like a huge, wooly blanket has been thrown over us.

I had a dream last night that my family, my husband's family, and I were elected to be the first family in space. Our reaction was pretty subdued, and then I got really nervous before we were to lift off.

If you had the chance to travel into space, would you do it? Would you do it in currently available spacecraft, or would you rather have something more comfy and less technical, like a commercial airplane?

I would totally go into space, even if it were in an Apollo-era craft. I would probably piss my pants a few times, but it would be worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008

It's fricken snowing here, so no eclipse for me. Unless it stopped snowing, and I can't see it.

If you had the chance to travel into space, would you do it?

Hell yeah! I'd go in anything that I was reasonably sure would work.

I would probably piss my pants a few times, but it would be worth it.

While it would be worth it, I'm pretty sure there's some cool space-age diaper/catheter thing that astronauts use.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008

We got lucky here. Clear skies and a good view. It was just too darn cold. We couldn't stay out for more than a few minutes at a time. I tried to take a picture, but it did not work out so much. Imagine a black piece of paper with an orange dot...and that would be the picture.

I think we aren't getting another one for 3 years or so. I hope it's nicer weather then. I really, really want to have a lunar eclipse picnic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008

I missed it too. I can't even remember why now. I think it was cloudy here too.

I wouldn't pass up a chance to go into space even if I had to share a tiny capsule with a hyperactive monkey and a communist dog.