Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007

So we were playing football yesterday and it looks like at least two of us broke a finger. Well, I'm not sure yet as I'm sitting in the ER right now. If it is broken, it seems minor. But it has swollen up a bit and I can't bend it all the way. I'm hoping it will just need a simple splint.

Anyway, things have been slow here. I should post more often. How is everyone? Aside from the potential injury, I'm doing well. Things slowing down at work and vacation coming up too.

I'm typing this on my iphone while waiting in the ER. I think this is the longest thing I've ever written on the iPhone. It is mildly annoying, but about what I expected and lots better than a regular cell phone. Well that's all for now. Check you later
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007

As ridiculously expensive as the iPhone is...I'm still jealous that you have one. But that's neither here nor there. Sorry to hear about your finger...I've broken a toe, but nothing more major than that.

I'm doing ok. A guy that works for me passed away a week or two ago of brain/lung cancer...that was really sad, but I'm doing ok with it. I don't want this to sound shitty, but I think it actually snapped me out of my funk a little bit...it's hrad to be depressed and bored when you're confronted with how short life can be.

But enough of that...I've entered concert season! I went about two months ago to see George Clinton, which was awesome, but that was just the warmup. Last weekend I saw Jethro Tull, which was great. In a couple of weekends, I'm going into New York with the girlfriend to see Rob Zombie and Ozzy. Then, two days after Xmas, I go to New Haven with a buddy to see Clutch, and early next month, the Mars Volta are coming to Providence. I may have to sell my soul to the devil for tickets to the Mars Volta, as it's a pretty limited East Coast club tour...we shall see.

Other than that, my job sucks, my car is dying, it's cold and dead outside. I'm looking for any kind of excitement I can find.

How's everybody else doing?

foucault
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007

That sounds like a pretty sweet concert season. I recently saw Tool and Björk (separately) at a new venue downtown. The sound is great there but the place looks like an over-sized movie theatre, right down to the overpriced concession stands (only you can get a $10 cocktail in addition to your $4 soda). Both concerts were awesome. With the lasers in the stage show now, I think Tool is officially the heavy metal Pink Floyd. Björk continues to be Björk. I don't think a lot of artists have their horn section, covered in glowing paint with flags attached to them, dance around the stage while still carrying (and sometimes playing) their instruments.

How's your finger, tallman?
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007

Finger is still a little stiff (after 1 week), but otherwise it's much better. It wasn't broken, but apparently I tore the shit out of my ligaments, as it was swelled up so much.They just gave me a splint on Monday night, and by Tuesday morning, the swelling was down considerably and I could make a fist pretty easily. I'm assuming it will continue to be a little stiff, but it seems to be ok.

Tool is definitely a heavy metal version of Pink Floyd. Think about it:

long intros to their songs, check
    at least one 10 minute song per album, check
    tracks that lead into each other, check
    long instrument solos/jamming, check

That's what I love about Tool. I just wish they were a little more prolific.

~tallman