Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2007

I woke up around 10. Goofed around with video games and watching my cooking shows for a few hours. Watched OSU beat up on Kent State and their pint sized players for a little bit. Then, I went and got an extremely awesome hair cut. New hair stylist is really outstanding and less than two blocks away.

The above would have been enough for just a decent Saturday. But, my boyfriend skipped martial arts practice and suggested we go pick apples at this farm. It was really a fantastic idea. It's always great to be able to see where your food comes from and the work that goes into it. Plus, we goofed off and took some silly pictures. We might go back and do the corn maze next weekend.

We came home and roasted up tons of vegetables for dinner. My mom had bought me the card game Gloom last year for Halloween (we do Halloween presents for some reason in family. It's really the favorite holiday) but I had not gotten around to playing it. We decided to try it out last night. It was really kind of slow and complicated at the beginning, but I think it really will grow on me. It's hard to keep any kind of long term strategy going, because each card can change everything so much. The cards are clear and have scores on them, so there's no need to keep lists and tallies of scores as you go. However, it is possible to miscalculate in your head how far ahead the opponent is...which would be compounded by playing with 4 players, surely. Overall, I would recommend it for those who like specialty card games.

And we'll just say the evening got better and better after dinner and card games! The only thing that could have made the day more perfect would have been prettier fall leaves and a football game that was worth watching.

How's everyone else doing?
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2007

My weekend wasn't that good, but it was good:) Glad you're doing well. Corn mazes are loads of fun. I got lost in one a few years ago and it took a while to get out. It was fun though. I went to a haunted house/hayride thing last year for the first time in a while. It was pretty good, but the problem with these things is that they're always too crowded, so you see the "scares" coming about 20 feet ahead. The best/worst place I went to was Eastern State Penitentiary. It was literally an old prison that was condemned because the whole theory behind it was that isolation leads to rehabilitation. Meanwhile, it ended up driving some of the inmates crazy. It's supposedly haunted, and it's a really, really creepy place. They do a haunted house type thing every year, but for my money, it's much creepier to take the regular daytime tour.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSovawanea
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2007

I really wanted to do the haunted statehouse tour, but it's like 20-30 dollars for a ticket and it sells out super fast. It's not actually scary, but I just like the idea of a haunted tour. When I lived in Tulsa, I always wanted to stay in this haunted hotel in Eureka Springs for Halloween. You can actually reserve the specific rooms that are rumored to be haunted, but there are super long waiting lists.