Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2007

That's all.

...ok, initial impression is that it's very Halo but with gradually more and more improvements showing up as I play, looks great, and I'm out of practice but getting back in.

Also, hi everyone! Been crazy busy but have been meaning to post. Can't post now because I have to sleep be a little productive before bed play some more Halo 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2007

I've actually never played a halo game. I hear they're great, but I've never had an Xbox. A couple friends have an Xbox 360, so maybe I'll get a chance to play... I managed to pretty much play the entire Gears of War game, which was fun. Do they make Halo for the PC? I might be able to swing that...

As for right now, work is pretty much killing me, but it's slowed down a bit. I have most of this weekend off! Yay.

I've been playing Metroid 3 on the Wii. It's decent, though quite annoying at times. I never know what to do. I don't know if this is a common feature of the Metroid series, but I often seem to get stuck trying to figure out where to go - it often involves a lot of backtracking and going to places you've already been, etc... and there's never much in the way of contextual clues that you need to go there. And while some of the bosses are cool, most are simply annoying. There are times when I'm reminded of the Hades section of God of War. Yuk. Luckily, there are online walkthroughs that are pretty comprehensive.

The only other thing that bothers me is that save points are so few and far between. If I sit down to play, I need to make sure I have a solid 1.5 hours or else I'm going to have to turn it off without saving. Given my schedule of late, this kinda sucks. These days I'll just fire up Hitman Blood Money and do a mission or two. If I have any time at all, that is.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2007

I know there's a PC version of the first Halo for sure. Not sure about the others. I tried playing it once but the controls felt weird. Then it crashed. And then it crashed again and since I was playing this after Halo 2 had already come out (and was available for me to play on my roommate's Xbox), I didn't delve any deeper than that. I haven't had time to play too much more Halo 3 since I made that initial post but what I have has only reinforced my opinion that it is awesome.

I still have yet to play anything except Wii Sports on the Wii. That's been fun though.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2007

Yeah, there are PC versions of Halo, but, meh. If you're playing on a PC, you're better served playing an FPS that was designed with the PC in mind- HL2, for example. =P