Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2007

Hilarious.

In other news, I'm still obscenely busy at work. This should continue for about 1 more week, at which point we'll downgrade to absurdly busy, then perhaps after a week of that, we'll continue to ludicrously busy, then ridiculusly busy, followed by just plain busy. That'll be the holidays, I guess. Then I have a vacation. Yay.

So yeah, this place will most likely stay dead for the next week or so. Not that it's every really that busy these days, but still.

I saw 3:10 to Yuma this weekend. Pretty good. Not the greatest ever, but still quite entertaining and well done. Good acting too.

My fantasy football team is kicking ass. What's that? You don't care? Good, because I wrote a blog entry about it.

All this stuff going on, and I can't find much time to play with my Wii. Heh, that sounds dirtier than it really is. I know I'm the 1,038,593,495th person to make that joke, but I still find it funny.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorgrenville
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2007

I know what busy is like. But I'm not busy at the moment. Not till next week anyway. The thing I love about travel -- I'm at Incheon airport Seoul right now -- is the downtime. The phone is off, I'm uncontactable, I get there a couple of hours early and wander the terminals, browse the duty frees, check out the restaurants, scope the cuties in business class lounge, spot planes. Its the most relaxing time for me. Well, almost. I'm a little anxious about this very large supertypoon between me, here in Seoul, and Hong Kong, where I am headed in about an hour. It will be a bumpy ride.

I hope work eases off for you all. Maybe if the global economy tanks we'll all be out of a job and have all the time in the world for forum posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2007

I did some travelling earlier this year - nothing like what you must go through, but it was still sucky. Good luck with the bumpy ride.

The one thing I've thusfar avoided is the Blackberry/Smartphone trap. I'm sure it'd be great to use during crappy meetings, but it als means people can always reach you. That sucks. Of course, I'm secondary oncall for a good portion of the year, so... yeah, nevermind.

I hope work eases off too. Project launches on Monday, but we'll see how that goes. I'm thinking that I'm going to be pretty busy even after that. Still, might not have to put in that many 15 hour days, so that will be better...

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorgrenville
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2007

Its getting more difficult to find private space unless you are disciplined. I don't use phones or email as much as I used to. I don't carry a laptop any more either. I just carry a usb stick with a few portable apps and pdf files of reference works I need. Most of my work these days is serious incident analysis -- what systems failure caused this fukcup that cost x million dollars or x number of lives? Most of my job is asking questions and having a minion/translater take notes for writeup later. I watch ominously the growth of phone sets and usb ports and office apps in the AVOD systems in planes. Its becoming increasingly difficult to find an excuse to escape work.

I'm back in Hong Kong after slightly bumpy flight over a typhoon. Korean Air has super cute stewardesses with little bows in their hair. Lousy airline, but top cuties. They still have the "Singapore Girl" Singapore Airlines TV ads in Asia that are illegal everywhere else on the grounds that they are sexist. Gotta love Asia -- well for men anyway.

I think I am off to Australia and New Zealand again soon. I might be very busy again. Catch you all soon.