Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgrenville
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2007

Been a while since I called in here. I`m in Tokyo at the moment. Long, long flight from London, even longer wait for passport control at Narita. They cleared a couple of thousand Japanese passport holders in 15 minutes with 50 officers and then knocked off leaving one guy to process 1000 foreign passport holders. Typical. And it takes an hour to get from the airport to Tokyo station in a slow train. They have trains here that go 200 mph, but the Narita NEX goes 25 mph. What a strange place to build an airport. When the Japanese do something well they do it really well. And when they don`t....

Its been the hottest August/September in Japan since records began. Its almost Bangkok unbearable. Been out exploring Akasaka and now I`m killing time surfing the net because I`m just too damn tired to sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2007

Good to hear from ya gren. Passport woes sound like fun. Japan seems like a cool place to visit though, and I'd like to make the trek at some point... but waiting in line with 1000 people sounds like hell.

Too tired to sleep. Heh.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorgrenville
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2007

Japan is interesting. But Tokyo is the most interesting Asian city. It ranks with London and New York as one of the three great cities of the world. Whatever you want you can get it here. There is nothing like roaming the backstreets of Shinjuku or Shibuya just to marvel at the quirkiness of it all, especially those little specialty record shops and extra special ones in nondescript residential come office highrises that sell high quality rare recordings (ie bootlegs). The prices are amazing to -- 40,000 yen for an original UK 1966 Rolling Stones LP cover. If you have an unorthodox musical interest or you are an obsessive compulsive who has to have the complete set of original whatevers, then Tokyo is the place to come.

Japanese TV is just plain weird. Italian TV is the worst in the world, but Japan's is the strangest bad TV. I just watched this weird game show involving ten pin bowling, golf and cute girls. I don't have a clue what it was about.

I have to bullet train down to Kyoto tomorrow. I love high speed trains.