Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2007

I get home today and turn on the TV to veg out while watching DVRed X-Files episodes, and what happens? My TV turns on for about 10 seconds, then it just turns off and the three status lights on the front start blinking. Uh oh, this can't be good. I trie just hitting the power again, and it turns on for another 10 secons, then shuts down. Great. So I go to the samsung website and look at their FAQ.

"If you turn on your DLP TV, get no picture, and all three LED indicator lights either blink or stay on, you need to get your TV serviced."

Fuck. I call the number, expecting a miserable discussion with someone who can't speak the language and has no idea what they're talking about. However, things appear to be fine. The woman I talked to spoke perfect english, was very friendly and courteous and set me up with a nearby repair shop. Also, this is covered under warranty, which is cool. So all I have to deal with is the pain in the arse of scheduling an appointment, lugging the TV there and back. A pain, yes, but I have to admit that I knew the risks when buying a DLP TV.

This is going to put a serious crimp in my Wii time. Krap.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2007

You've had this TV how long?
    Is there a program that makes the LED lights blink specifically in that way when the TV is broken? I suppose that's like an indicator light in a car.

That sounds like a royal pain in the ass. I hate taking stuff in to be serviced or examed - the car, the cats, the bike. At least the bike doesn't piss itself.

So YouTube tonight? Gaming? Reading? Our electricity went out for a few seconds late last night while I was reading and my husband was playing an online computer game. It was completely dark, not even moonlight through the windows. If the electricity had not come back on, we would have had to go to bed. I guess we should get a battery-powered lantern. It reminded me how dependent we are on electricity, including batteries.

My cat is sprawled atop my mouse now. I guess she wants me to stop typing and pet her.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2007

"So YouTube tonight? Gaming? Reading?"

All of the above! Plus fucking around on the internet! Yeah! All in all, not that much different than a normal night, except the TV wasn't on in the background and I couldn't play with my Wii. *ahem* (That sounded kinda dirty.)

I'm reading The Bourne Identity. The writing is totally lame, but the general story is ok. It's completely different from the movies. At this point, I'm thinking that the movies are better quality than the prose, though I guess I'll have to see how the book ends first. But the writing is seriously stilted, especially when it comes to the "romantic" stuff. Gah.

I have a flashlight that has a "flood" setting, so it actually works reasonably well when the power goes out. I can read, at least. But the power hasn't gone out for a while...

~tallman