Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2007

Spence, was that you winning at Batrock.net? Nice work! And thanks for participating.

Unless it wasn't you. Then I don't care.

~tallman

Ok, I do care:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007

Yes, twas I! Fear my yet-to-be-seen horrible movie screenshots! Bwha-ha-ha!

But really, I only own like 15 movies, and 13 of them have surely be seen by most humans. And possibly small, domesticated animals.

I almost didn't get the one I answered because I try to block all Hugh Grant movies from my memory.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007

Hooray for Spencer. I look forward to your contribution (Please be kind, and use one of your 13 popular options - Alex and I seem to be stuck in this low traffic environment that isn't so great for the game:) Our of curiosity, what are the 2 that not everyone has seen?

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007

The Big Tease was one that I thought many people haven't seen. The other is The Gods Must Be Crazy. It's from 1980, so I have no idea how much publicity it got when it first came out, but I don't think most people my age have seen it. We also have The Gods Must Be Crazy II.

Later I remembered another obscure movie I love, After Hours. I'm sure I've recommended it a million times.

Sorry my screenshot was too hard. I had another one that would probably have been better.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007

Quite alright. I'm sure we'll get this game to take off at some point:)

The Gods Must Be Crazy is fairly well known (moreso than the big tease). It has George Burns, right? If not, then I guess I'm full of it. I've actually never seen After Hours, but it's on my list... Sounds more entertaining than your typical Scorsese...

I'm putting together a list of supposed classics that I've never seen for the blog as we speak, and I think After Hours is on the list...

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007

No, no George Burns.

The description from IMDB: "A Sho in the Kalahari desert encounters technology for the first time--in the shape of a Coke bottle. He takes it back to his people, and they use it for many tasks. The people start to fight over it, so he decides to return it to the God--where he thinks it came from."
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007

Yeah, it sounds familiar. I probably wouldn't have got it if you posted a screenshot, but I still think it's better known than the big tease...

~tallman