Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2007

So I was looking for some new sheets for my bed. And I'm looking around and of course I have no idea what sort of sheets that I should get aside from Queen size. I know something about thread count being important, but bleh. There's like 500 different varieties, all with the same thread count, so what the hell's the difference (paradox of choice, anyone?). But one of them stands out. Phantasm sheets. Alas, no pictures of the tall man or people with killer balls stuck to their head spraying blood out, but they seemed like decent qualit y sheets. Apparently they just wanted a fancy name for this variety of sheets. Unfortunately all the colors were lame, so I got something else. Still, Phantasm sheets. Would have been nice.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

Thread count is pretty important in terms of how soft and comfortable the sheets are. A higher thread-count means that finer threads are used, which translates to softer sheets. I have 400 thread-count sheets on my bed that I got at Target, and they're crazy comfortable.

Mmmmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Yeah, but what I don't get is why there are literally 10 varieties of solid colored 400 tc sheets. There doesn't seem to be any real difference except for the colors available on each one (incidentally, Phantasm had a selection of 4 pretty lame colors).

It turns out that the sheets I ordered were 600 thread count. I realize this is probably obscene, but they were on sale and I got a 30% discount on top of that (Because I bought from my work). I look forward to their crazy comfortableness

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2007 edited

What the hell are sheets?

OK, no, really, I sleep funny. Unless I'm sharing the bed, I completely wrap myself in the blanket(s) so it's completely encircling me. I don't touch the sheets. I've confused people who've shared rooms with me.

That said, softness of bedroom stuff cannot be overdone. This one girl I dated... everything she owned was like 10 times softer than anything I had. Sleeping on the armrest of her couch would probably have been more comfortable than my bed. I loved her furniture. (She was pretty cool too, I guess.)