Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2007

I'm exhausted. That's all, really. Gotten kinda slow around here. How's everyone else doing?

Alas, things don't look to be slowing down anytime soon, which is stinky. Sometimes this kinda busy is good because it's nice to get a lot of stuff done... but there are a couple of projects that just keep sorta lingering. Quite annoying. Fleh.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2007

I wish you great success in crushing all who bring you the unpleasant busy, tallman. Crush them with your might. Crush them with your car!

I'm doing well. My birthday was Monday. Didn't do much. My parents took me to opening day at Dodger Stadium but we only stayed for half the game because I felt sick. Spent the rest of the day laying around my apartment bored out of my mind. You know when you're too sick to really accomplish anything but not sick enough to just pass out? Yeah, bleh. The funny part is that the last time I was sick enough that it prevented me from doing something was my birthday last year.

The rest of the week so far has more than made up for it though. My roommate took me out to dinner the next night, secretly arranging for a bunch of my friends to meet us at the restaurant. It was the perfect answer to the crummy mood my sickly birthday had left me in. Afterwards we hit a bar with some other friends then stayed up at another's place MST3King this Japanese movie called the Returner until 5am. The movie didn't actually seem that bad (I'm not really sure though because we weren't paying much attention to anything but what we could make a joke out of) but we were having too much fun taking the piss out of everything we could to stop. Last night another friend took me out for a birthday dinner and we hung out a bit.

When he left my place it was about midnight and I went to check hockey scores since it was the first day of the playoffs, only to find that Vancouver and Dallas were starting up their fourth overtime period. I ran back into the living room and turned the game on and, uh, wow... apparently it ended up being the sixth longest NHL game ever. There was more OT than regulation play, really amazing considering all that OT was sudden death. It wasn't one team catching up with the other before the end of that OT period. There was to be no catching up. No one had scored in over an hour of post-regulation play. Roberto Luongo (Vancouver's goalie) is fucking amazing. By the time I tuned in, everyone was playing like shit because they had been playing for so long. It was surreal to watch. In the end, the creepy Sedin twins used their creepy twin powers to win.

'Cause they're creepy dude.

My team sucks balls so they're not in the playoffs.

Saturday I leave for Colorado for a few days. Going to visit a friend who moved there a few months ago. Should be fun. It's supposed to snow, which another friend who's going with me was worried about, but not me because
    a) I've never been in snow as it actually falls
    b) I've come to realise I love "miserable" weather
    c) EVERYONE IS GETTING HIT WITH SNOWBALLS!

Saw Grindhouse back, uh, whenever it opened. FANFUCKINGTASTIC. GO SEE IT NOW EVEN IF YOU ALREADY DID.

I pass the update torch now.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2007

Happy Birthday for Monday. Sorry about the sickness, but it sounds like you had a good week nonetheless. Was the Returner about some sort of time travelling thing and whatnot? I think I may have seen this movie, and I remember it being pretty bad/good for mst3king.

Sometime around April of 2000, the Flyers were in a game that went for 5 overtimes (I believe it's the third longest game in hockey history) before Keith Primeau did this gorgeous deke and scored the winning goal. It was awesome, because by that time the players were so freaking tired that it looked like everyone was moving in slow motion, so when Primeau made his movie, it looked awesome. Of course, I was in college and drunk at the time, so my memory of the rest of the game has faded, but that goal remains etched in my head. Of course, the Flyers are amongst the worst teams in the league, so they're not in the playoffs this year. Pity. I'm hoping for a good draft pick.

Snow is fun. Except that traffic sucks when it snows. Good thing I live close. Anyway, have much fun in the snow. I like "miserable" weather too. Rain? Awesome. Thunderstorm? Even better. But it sucks when the power goes out.

Grindhouse is brilliant. I wrote about it on the blog last week. I loved it. I may even see it again today, pending showtimes and the schedule of my friends:P

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2007

Yeah, the Returner was about this time traveling thing and aliens and whatever. Now that I think about it, it probably did deserve the MST3King we gave it.

My team is 4th in line for draft picks next season. I think yours is 2nd. Chicago won the shitty-team lotto, even though they weren't the shittiest. I'm hoping the LA Kings are looking at a bright future. The general manager now used to be the GM for the San Jose Sharks and he put together a pretty good team up there. They actually have a pretty good record when it comes to games I've been in the audience for. I've only seen them lose once in person.

The storm that was supposed to bring the snow ended up shifting and missing Denver. Aside from one night where it rained at some point pretty late in the night (after we were all just hanging around my friends' apartment and not going out anymore), the weather was actually really anything but miserable. It was mostly sunny and mild. It was even like 80 degrees one day. I don't think the weather was that nice back in LA. So no snowball assaults. I did offer someone $10 to chuck an avocado at someone else. Didn't work (in retrospect, probably very good). The caramel frappachino whatevers at Starbucks in Denver actually taste like caramel, unlike the ones out here that taste like, uh, nothing really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2007

I went to Colorado when I was about 17...I thought Denver was really nice, as was Colorado Springs. The Rocky Mountains were of course fantastic, which was my real reason for going out there...I took the best pictures I've ever taken in my life, all on a cheapo 35mm camera...all in all, great trip.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2007

Speaking of cheese- did you know that some lactose intolerant people can still eat sheep and goat milk based products?

Crazy!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2007

Good ol Flyers. Lets hope they pick someone good. I think the last time we had a pick this good we picked Peter Foresberg. Then traded him away to a team where he won like 3 stanley cups. Hopefull we won't do that again.

I've been to Colorado, but I didn't do anything fun like throw an avocado at someone. I did take some nice pictures though.

I don't believe you Sam. Not at all. Ok, maybe I do. Or maybe not. I'm mysterious like that.

~tallman