Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2007

Getting Wordpress to properly format my blog posts is quickly becoming a tremendous pain my ass, to the point where I'm tempted to find out who designed their system, and punch him/her in the sternum.

It's such a messy, stupid system. What you see is what you get, my ass.

WHERE ARE MY LINE BREAKS, WORDPRESS?!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Can't you revert back to a plain HTML view? That's actually what I use, but there are WYSISYG editors for Movable Type that I was planningo installing. However, they give you the option of switching back and forth...

I did notice that it looked like your Super Mario post changed the font for the rest of the page... I assume this is a problem with the WP WYSISYG editor inserting a font style or something...

Honestly, I can't believe that the majority of text input fields on the web don't have better WYSISYG controls. In a lot of cases, even if all you needed was plain text input, the boxes are too small...

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

Yeah, the Mario post changed everything under it. For some reason, it's ignoring half of my hard returns. I tried manipulating it in the plain html view, but WP has it set up so that it just kind of ignores things sometimes. For example, it just completely ignores [br] tags, and [p] has some pretty unpredicable results.

Blah. It also likes to add weird tags if I'm using the WYSIWYG editor- it adds all kinds of div tags to things, and does a new font tag for every single line. Which... well... seems weird.

Blah. Double blah.