Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2007

So, I may not have mentioned this to anyone but Sov, but I'm flying to Boston this weekend. I will be meeting the Feminist.
    Yeah.
    The one that I said "She's all kinds of awesome, but lives too far away."
    That one.

I'm rather nervous, obviously, but I expect things to go really well. We've already agreed that the whole situation is... well... ridiculous, but we've really hit it off in a spectacular fashion, and so, we're going to sort of have a go at meeting and see what happens.

It's actually a pretty complicated situation, but I like that we've had several months to get to know one another, and see whether we clicked on an emotional and intellectual level (which, obviously, we have).
    I leave Friday morning.

Anyway... how is everyone else?
    Anybody?
    Anybody?
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Good luck! I sometimes wonder if the transition from an online relationship to an offline one would be difficult. You wouldn't think so, but I guess it's possible. Still, it seems like you two are really hitting it off, which is nice.

I'm doing well here, if a little busy work wise. Actuall, not a whole lot to report as of right now. I think I'm going to go upstairs and read until I pass out. Good night all!

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault

Best of luck, Sam! I agree that's probably a tough transition to make, but I've heard stories of it working beautifully!

And...you get to go to Boston! Despite being a die-hard New York Yankees fan, I absolutely love the city of Boston. There's so much fantastic history, and so many wonderful bars, and so much cool shit in Boston. In fact, Boston and San Francisco are probably my two favorite cities in the US...Providence, RI gets honorable mention, since it's pretty cool, and about 35 minutes from my house...and my brother has lived there for about 5 years.

Not too much going on here...I did not get the job I mentioned interviewing for a week or two ago, so I'm still at the same job I've had since 2004...still looking fora real job taht might actually utilize my degree...or even the fact that I have one. Still trying to talk myself into grad school, so far unsuccessfully.

I finally got around to watching Shaun of the Dead, and I absolutely loved it. I avoided it in theaters, much to my chagrin, since it turned out to be fantastic. I especially liked the nods to/parodies of various zombie flicks...Kris is a huge fan of zombie movies, so I've seen quite a few of them. My favorite scene, though, was the group of characters whacking a zombie with pool cues to the beat of Queen's Don't Stop Me Now, which is playing on the jukebox. I also got a kick out of the reference knocking 28 Days LAter at the very end.

Other than that, nothing much going on. I watched Last Temptation of Christ, then read the book in the last few weeks. Both were ok, but not great. My favorite movie/book/whatever about Jesus is still Jesus Christ Superstar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2007

Good luck, Sam. You're going to tell her about us, right? You're not going to be like tallman and hide us from all your lady-friends, are you? Do Feminists like fish-tossing?

But really, best of luck. If you're willing to fly out there to meet her, there must be some good chemistry there. Hopefully it's there in person too. And if not, well, you should at least try to pick up the accent while you're there 'cause that accent is seriously awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2007

I have a couple of young cousins who live otuside of Boston...they're about 13/15 or so now...and man, they definitely have the Boston accent. Weird stuff.

And, by the way...who doesn't like fish tossing? Nobody!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2007

You know, I just realized that Sam is going to visit this feminist in Boston and... he just posted two posts about feminism on his blog. Coincidence? I think not. Kiss ass.

j/k of course. Best of luck Sam!

~tallman
    So I looked up Mr. Mackenzie on myspace and he has a pic. up. Meowwww! Knock em dead! And I am pretty sure that it's him bc he has something about bots in his headline, corresponding to his picture for kaedrin. And the guy is from Michigan which is where samuel is from. I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. Now I know!
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2007

HAHA!
    Indeed, it sounds like you've found me out Marley. I am, in fact, the mysterious Mr. Roy Bot.
    Where did I give away my last name? Are you keeping a file on me? =P
    I should warn you, though, you forgot to capitalize the "K."
    Em, a, cee, capital kay, e, en, zee, ai, e.
    My honor demands that I point that out. ;)

And, hush, tallman, you'll give me away!

Seriously, though, that was actually one of the things that started our correspondence- our mutual interest in feminism. Weird, right?

Anyway, thanks for all the well-wishing. Things went far better than I could have hoped. We were both pretty nervous about meeting, but it went splendidly. I had a fantastic time- Boston is a pretty great city. We went to a poetry open-mic night, met some of her friends, visited the Museum of Contemporary Art, went to Havard Square, and ate so many great meals (we even cooked dinner together and watched The City of Lost Children on Saturday). All in all, it was absolutely a fantastic trip. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if we'd been able to spend a few more days together. It seemed like we were just really getting to the point where we were really comfortable, and it was already my last day there. Oh well, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of each other.

So, yeah... it went pretty damned well. =)
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Dude, your last name is in your forum profile (click on your name). I think everyone actually put in their real name there (except for grenville, of course), which is kinda strange. Normally, people put in something goofy or not accurate or their handle (i.e. "Blah" or "Samael" etc...)

And glad to see things went well, though I can't imagine the annoyance of a long distance relationship... never really had to deal with that, but it seems like it would be quite frustrating...
    • CommentAuthorSamael

Oh. Hey.
    You're right.
    What do you know?

Let me point out how fucking weird it is that my visit count is, as I check this, 666. Creeeepy.

Yeah. The Long Distance part of This is going to be one of the things we have to talk about. We're still just sort of Seeing How Things Go, right now. Things went smashingly, though, and we decided we didn't want to talk too much about What Next while I was there, because it was such a short trip, and that's going to be one hell of a conversation. We decided that we would take a couple of days to parse out how we're feeling and what we want/expect/need out of all of this, and decide how to proceed from there. Neither of us has a lot of experience with Long Distance Relationships- at least, not with LDRs where you're not sure if/when you're going to be near each other. Every LDR either of us have ever had was where we already knew the other person was moving closer, and we knew exactly when.

This is all new ground for us.

We'll see. I suspect that you're right, though. I'd be willing to bet just about anything that it's going to be Quite Frustrating.