Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2007

Okay, it's been, seriously... until last week, I'd gone about nine months without a girl really being receptive to flirting. I get on OkCupid, and suddenly I'm Cassafuckingnova. Seriously. It's weird.

Okay, so, I told you about the online thing, and how I met a cute comic-book girl. That's cool. She seems cool, and we had a great first and second date. There are a few red-flags, but she seems pretty good.

At the same time, I sort of glossed over the Feminist woman. She's all kinds of awesome, but lives too far away. Still, there has definitely been some flirting via the e-mail correspondence. Nothing serious, and we've already established that. It's sort of a "Wow, it's too bad you live so far away, because I'd definitely be interested in at least getting dinner otherwise."

The Fashionista definitely e-mailed me a few times, too.

And now, I got a girls phone number tonight! What the hell is going on?

So, I went to play Scrabble with some friends. My friend C brought one of her friends from grad school with her. We've met her a once before, and she seemed cool. Tonight, she looked smoking hot. So, we were sitting around drinking for a while, and there were a couple of times where I felt like she was sort of checking me out, and we were kind of exchanging glances and such, but, I also thought "I'm probably imagining things."
    So, we move to the living room to play Scrabble, and she sits on the floor, so I sit next to her. Because... well... she's super cute, and looking smoking hot, and I'm not one to turn down the opportunity to sit next to a smoking hot woman who's studying library science and art. So we're playing Scrabble, and as we're sitting there, it comes about that our legs are pressed against each other. This could be coincidence, or it could be intentional, yeah?
    It seems like if it's accidental, and we didn't want them touching, we'd move them. Neither of us do. So, after the game, I said I'd show them something I found online, so I go into another room to pull it up, and she comes in, so it's just the two of us, and we start talking about various things, and our legs are touching again, because she's standing right next to the chair. So, now it's obviously intentional.
    Anyway, everyone else comes in, I show them some things. She says she has some pictures she wants to show me. My friend B also has something he wants to show us, so she says "why don't you show us first, and I can show him these afterwards." So, it ends up that it's just the two of us again, and we're talking about art, and Detroit, etc. Finally, I realized that we'd been alone so long that everyone else was in the other room being really quiet, and clearly either listening to us, or talking about us. So, I asked her if she'd like to get together, and got her number.

I.... I don't know what's happening. How did I suddenly become, like... whatever?
    I've never been in a situation where there was more than one girl who was sort of interested at one time, really.

This is just... craziness.
    Crazy.

I'm telling you, tallman. Apparently all it takes is an OkCupid profile, and you'll be all set. Women will, it seems, be all over you if you have one.
    Crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2007

I started a profile. I haven't uploaded a pic yet, but I've been taking tests and answering questions, etc... just to see what's going on. There are some interesting people that come up as "matches" but we'll see I guess:P

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2007

Ooooh! I didn't see this, before.

Some of the questions are total shite, aren't they? Most aren't so bad, though.

Let us know how your results turn out. I'll be honest, tallman- it worked too well for me. Things have been going quite well with one girl, and I reached the point where I finally had to make a choice, and sort of reject the other girls. It pretty much completely sucked. There's just no good way of telling someone "hey, I like you a lot, and you seem great, but we can't be romantically involved."
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2007

Yeah, I haven't done much since I started. I've been busy, but I'll probably start looking at it again soon, and maybe upload a pic or two...

The way they do the questions are really strange. Answering the question is usually pretty easy, but answering how your "ideal match" would answer the question? That's hard. For me, at least. In general, I'm indifferent to a lot of the questions...

We'll see what happens. I think I'd be a little hesitant to talk about it here, as I'll post my website as part of my profile... I can just picture it now. Hmm, this Mark guy is cool, but he's badmouthing me on his blog!

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2007

"Not nearly as tall as his username on the forum would imply. What's he trying to pull here?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2007 edited

Ooh...we have the dirt on you, tallman.

"I know for a fact he's not as tall as he says."

You'd better bow before our demands! I, for one, would like...um...maybe a potted plant? That's it, a potted plant! And a fish! A live fish! C'mon, I promise I'll feed it and clean the tank semi-regularly and all! I swear, what happened to all those poor fish in the past really wasn't my fault...I still contend that bizarre sequence of events could have happened to any fish, and it was just a tragic coincidence that I was watching those particular fish when fate...providence, if you will...took over.
    So tallman what is your user name anyway? and how tall are you really??? Better yet why am I up at 4:30 in the damn morning? ....because I can't sleep. But I am sooooo tired!!!!!!! I guess I could drive to get the paper...today's new york times has the food critic columns...you gotta love those. But for real, how tall are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault

According to the info on kaedrin.com since it's inception, 5'6"...i.e. not very tall. And I feel like a weirdo posting that...even though it's posted out in public, and even though I knew the info was there, but I had to actually look for the specific height...I still feel like I'm some kind of creepy internet stalker. Cause I've never actually met tallamn in person, and that seems like one of those intimate details reserved for people whom you can apply a face as well as a goofy interent name to. Though most of you know my goofy real name...that's beside the point. The point is, I'm tired, and I want to sleep...I think.

Marley...you're up at 4:30 am because it's cool to not ever sleep! Right..? Maybe..? That's why I'm up at 4:30 am...I think..?
    No it's totally cool to sleep! Maybe that why I can't. 5'6" huh yeah, not too tall. But i could see how tallman does fit as does "tiny" for a guy that's really big. I think that's cute. Oh look I just called myself cute.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Yeah, see, this is why I probably shouldn't even tell anyone about Kaedrin:P However, I salute your efforts at insomnia. Well played. Of course, I like sleep which is why I was not around for this bout of insanity.

Yes, I'm 5'6" and not very tall. The name comes not from any physical attributes, but rather my love for a cheesy 70s horror flick. I'll leave it as an exercise to you, Marley, to figure it out. If you can't find it, I'll give you a hint:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre

foucault's real name is Jefferson Starship.

Why are you trying to hide us, tallman? Why? Who's your lady-friend? Is she pretty? Why can't we meet her? Maybe she wants to go fish-tossing with us! Well maybe not with foucault. But maybe she likes that kind of fun. You're not even giving us a chance. Are you ashamed of us? Is she tall? Can she juggle? Me ma always said girls who can juggle are trouble but I think she just liked rhyming. Is she a foreign dignitary? I'm the ambassador to the Internet!
    Phantasm-ANGUS SCRIMM as The Tall Man. http://www.phantasm.com/hpages/horror10.html He was 6' 4"
    Hmmm. You could make a first date theme out of phantasm. You could take her to your place and watch it together and then tell her afterwards that your nickname is tall man. I've never watched it but maybe you could add props from the movie to your plans for the evening. If she sticks around then maybe she's a keeper.....
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

DyRE, I... don't know how to respond to that. You just sit over there and keep being you. We'll keep laughing:P

If she wants to watch Phantasm on our first date, she's probably a keeper. It's... not much of a date movie (it's not very good in any case, really, but particularly as a date movie). Then again, Sam watched Battle Royale on his first date, so uh, yeah, I guess there's hope...

~tallman
    Actually I wouldn't go with my ideas on anything right now. I've been up since I posted this morning...right now I have no filter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault

Yup...my name was Jefferson Airplane, but I had it legally changed to keep with the times.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2007

True, I did. And that date went really well. We decided, later, that we were more interested in purusing the friendship angle, but for a first date, it was pretty effing sweet.

Hope springs enternal, or some such nonsense.