Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2007

No contact this weekend until Sunday. Won't even be able to check the site. Boo hoo. Glorious mounains, here I come. Sunday is also my niece's birthday party, so my blog entry will most likely be a little light (which isn't that bad considering my last two:P)

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2007

Ah, another cheese-mining expedition. Don't forget the canary, otherwise you'll have to use fish again and we all know how much of a logistical nightmare that was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2007

Sigh...the poor fish. I still can't shake the feeling his demise was, at least in some small part, my fault. The canary and I are on good, or at least indifferent terms, though...tell him I said "hey."

In any case, whatever animals you decide to bring, have a blast! I love the mountains, though it seems a bit cold to be headed there now...unless you're perhaps going to ski, in addition to mining for chedder.

I've never been skiing...I think I would fall down a lot. "Skiing" is a bizarre word...assuming I'm spelling it right. Should it really have two "i's" right next to each other? That can't be right...I'll email the dicitonary people tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2007

I haven't been skiing either. One of these days I shall. "Skiing" does look weird, in the same way "vacuum" looks weird. Uncommon double vowels hint at their subversive ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2007

I emailed the dictionary people, and their response was less than overwhelming. It consisted of "Who are you, and why are you bothering us?"

So, they're in on the whole thing...I should have suspected as much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2007

You can't trust dictionary people. They have their own sorts of rituals. Secret stuff.

I once had a pocket dictionary that had a loop in it. Two words defined with only each other. I'm not kidding. I wish I could remember which words. Anyway, it was their attempt to get me stuck, locked in an endless loop of page-flipping madness for the rest of eternity. They sought to own my soul. I broke free. I'm better now.