Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2007

Because this day is dragging like a... a... what the hell is something that drags? A dinosaur tail?
    No. Wait.
    They don't think they drug their tails anymore, do they?
    Whatever.
    Anyway, another random ten. (yes, that's pimpage)

1. X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage, Up Yours!
    2. Jorge Ben - Umbabarauma
    3. Dropkick Murphys - The Gangs All Here
    4. Brendan Benson - Sittin' Pretty
    5. Camper Van Beethonven - I'm Not Like Everybody Else
    6. Gorrilaz - Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head
    7. Caesars - Gonna Kick You Out
    8. Ween - I'll Be Your Johnny On the Spot
    9. Throwing Muses - Snake
    10. M Ward - Vincent O'Brien
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2007

Incidentally, I added 79 soul to my blogroll:P

Random 10:

1. Caralho Voador - Faith No More
    2. High and Dry - Radiohead
    3. Transmutation - MDFMK
    4. Outsiders - Franz Ferdinand
    5. Wings for Marie (pt 1) - TOOL
    6. Sinking - The Cure
    7. Sucker - Peeping Tom
    8. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
    9. The Truth - Handsome Boy Modeling School
    10. Why Go - Pearl Jam

Just for confusion's sake, I decided to put the title of the song first, then the band. Heh. Actually, I didn't realize that it was different until the end. Bleh.

I don't recognize about 80% of your list. As evidenced by the past week of blogging, I'm much more of a movie person. I think I bought something like 3 or 4 CDs last year. I have some unsorted stuff on a CD that someone gave me. I'll have to check that out. My library could use an update. Oh crap, I did buy all those Seatbelts CDs this year. So make that more like 9-10 CDs I bought this year.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2007

I don't recognize every song on your list, but I recognize the names of the bands. Except for Peeping Tom. I don't recognize that one.

I've got a lot of friends that are *really* into music, so they give me suggestions on a regular basis. I buy so few cds that it's not even funny. A lot of those groups in that list were just sort of random discoveries.
    And, hey, if you're interested in doing a music swap, let me know. The 4K music swap, round 2 was a miserable failure (I got the impression that almost nobody actually sent out their cd that time), but, hey, whatever.

I buy a shit ton of movies, too. I buy them used at video game stores.
    Oh, and I wait for sales that are worth getting stuff at. Barnes and Noble is having a buy one get one free sale on television boxed sets (as long as they're 3 discs or more, and retail for $30 or more). Even with the somewhat arbitrary restriction, that's a damn good deal. Veronica Mars season 1 and 2? Here I come!