Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2006

Double rainbow at least, but is there actually a third one - very faint?
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My husband hung out with these seals in San Diego, CA.

My hunk

Sidonia doesn't let me do this. She's in love with Charles.

Fall did eventually come. This tree changed colors and lost its leaves in about 2 weeks.

Okay, a Sidonia montage...

Artemis

Artemis and Logic

Logic

Me enjoying Christmas presents

This squirrel hangs out on an eave of our building and harrasses our cats. I have video of him/her laughing.

Okay, I won't bore you with anymore. I do need to take more interesting photos though. I'd like to be able to show people in the future what Austin in early 2000s looked like, just like when I see photos of Austin from the 70s.

I'm going up to my parents' house tomorrow to visit with my sister and her daughters. My resolution for 2007 is to enjoy the outdoors more. So Happy New Year's everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Happy New Years! And cats always make for interesting photos. If I had a cat, that would be a built in blog entry every week. Friday cat blogging. Or something. Also, that squirrel comment is hilarious. I'd love to see a video of a squirrel laughing. Get thee to youtube!

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre

Awww seals. Awww cats. Awww.

Happy new year, all. I'll be going to a friend's place for a party. Should be fun.

I don't have any resolutions for 2007. I had a resolution this year to take at least one photograph per day but I abandoned it in June when I was dealing with some not good things and all my inspiration pretty much evaporated. It was good while it lasted. It provoked a lot of creativity, even though I ended up with entirely too many pictures taken in the room I was going to sleep in that night shortly before going to sleep. (I tried to still make them interesting in those situations though - focus on various objects, angles, lighting, etc.) I still shoot often enough anyway. Photography is a great outlet. I think everyone should try it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

I've always found that my resolutions work best during lent. I know most people aren't religious these days, but I think it works much better as a resolution starter than new years because the period of time is so short. Whatever you choose to do, 40 days is usually not too long... but it is long enough to make a difference. It works best at dislodging bad habits or things you do that you know you don't really want to do, but that you do anyway. For me, this often means giving up some sort of bad food that I've been eating too much of. For instance, coca-cola. A few years ago, I drank at least two cokes a day. I knew it was bad for me, so I gave it up for lent. After the first few days, it got really easy, and I've never gotten back into the two a day pattern (indeed, I'm at less than 1 a day, sometimes going more than a week without drinking any). And so on.

I think I'm going to blog every day during lent this year. Along with a couple of other things.

Anyway, I'm off to a football/newyears party. Have a good one, everybody!

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2007

Until very recently I used to drink an insane amount of soda per day. I decided to go a week without caffeine recently and, while this really shouldn't be surprising, I found that I slept much better when I didn't have any. I think the only reason it never occurred to me is that until around July or August of 2006 I didn't have any trouble sleeping regardless of caffeine intake. I've found that not snacking too much throughout the day leaves me feeling a bit better in general too which, again, shouldn't be surprising.

Hope everyone had a good new years. I did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2007

The only thing I'm hooked to is chocolate. I don't know if I could ever break it unless it posed an immediate health threat. Even then, plenty of smokers are unable to quit...

I'm doomed.

I did in fact have a good New Years. I cleaned the apartment Saturday, but I do that every Saturday. I went up to my parents' house on Sunday because my sister made a surprise visit. Then I just relaxed on Monday. Well, aside from the end of the evening when I realized we're going to owe taxes this year. *sigh* We should be able to cover it, but there goes my bonus.

I guess a better resolution for this year is to save as much money as possible in order to pay off debts. But, we're still thinking of going on a trip this year. It'll be much shorter and cheaper than the trip to Glacier. We're actually thinking of visiting Philadelphia. We're thinking somewhere in the Northeast at least because it's such unfamiliar territory. Some crazy people live up there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2007

Hey...wait a minute. I live smack dab in the middle of the "Northeast..."

Although, I've always considered PA to be Mid-Atlantic.

New England is a pretty nice place to visit, though. I came to the realization a year or two ago that I really like it up here, and don't want to move anywhere else. That's kind of a nice feeling.

I liked your cat pictures, Spence...cat pictures make me smile, and cheer me up.

I did not make any New Years Resolutions. I kind of think that we should strive to improve ourselves all the time, instead of only at the beginning of the year. Also, I'm very lazy. These two viewpoints may contradict each other.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2007 edited

On review, this one leaves me wondering if it's just the angle of the camera, if you're really small, or if you're cats really are quite large.

My roommate's cat seemed to be feeling particularly affectionate the other day (maybe in return for me spilling catnip EVERYWHERE a few days earlier) and decided to sleep on my chest while I was lying on the couch. When I moved she figured that was her cue to then sleep on my face but apparently my face isn't that comfortable.

For reference, here she is about to make out with a brachiosaurus:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2007

I am petite. Five feet and one inch. I doubt the angle is making my cats look really big. They're stretched out and I'm not. But they do seem big to me in real life. The white cat, Artemis, is quite tall. His legs are long and his body is long.

In the picture to which you refer, Artemis is 8 months old. In the following picture, he is only 4 months.

Your roommate's cat looks like she's either a super-sniffer or likes to rub rub rub. I want to pet her. Do you like to use cats as blankets?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2007

Artemis does seem rather large in that shot too. I would have guessed him older.

My roommate's cat is more the rub rub rub type. Currently she's wandering about all moody because there's different food in her dish.