Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2006

GitS review is up on the blog, as well as some thoughts on subtitles vs. dubbing (which really kinda surprised me). I've always liked GitS, but I guess I can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone... The filmspotting guys certainly didn't seem to care that much for it, though Sam (the one I don't usually agree with) had a similar line of thought as me (on both this movie and Akira, though I think I liked both movies better than he did).

I think part of it is that those two movies are obsessed with technology, and so am I. People who aren't might find it overly convoluted or just plain confusing, but I kinda enjoy figuring it out. Plus, I'd seen the movie a couple of times before, so I think the complexities of the story aren't as off putting in such a situation...

~tallman