Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2006 edited

Tallman, I noticed your comment about the bikes in Akira. I thought you might find it interesting to see that there are actually quite a few modern motorcycles that reflect a design aesthetic most likely influenced by Akira. Some of them are ugly, mind- but it's interesting.
    You've got one from Suzuki that's a little more angular, but I think still has that Akira look.
    The Dodge Tomahawk project, while not looking like Kenada's bike, also has a very Akira-esque look to it.

The Sbarro concept bike and a BMW concept bike both could have fallen out of Akira, too. Ah, lest I forget, Polaris Industries has a very slick (if strange looking) concept bike as well.

The Kawasaki ZZR-X is sort of a fusion of Akira sensibilities with more realistic motorcycle design, while the Suzuki G-Strider seems to be pretty anime influenced, if not specifically Akira influenced.

I couldn't find the type of bike it is, so it might be a custom bike, but the black bike on the bottom of this page is pretty cool, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2006

Interesting. The part that seemed really absurd was the really large jumps they were making (not that there were really that many... plus, it's cool looking and animation allows that sort of crazy stuff).

Thanks for the pointers, though....

~tallman