Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2006

By the way: your comment about getting hits reminded me- for what it's worth, I've pimped Kaedrin to all of my friends. A buddy of mine also just started a site 79 Soul.

I think he's still a little unclear on the exact direction he wants to take it, but right now it's shaping up to be mostly entertainment based- movie/game/book/music reviews, etc. I contributed a(n admittedly rambling and messy) review of the Vengeance Trilogy, and should be posting some kind of entry every week (in theory).

/pimping
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2006

Thanks for all your pimping efforts. Yeah, I saw that you put 79 soul on your comment for the Akira post and I was like: "What is this?" Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. I'll definitely be linking at one point or another, and if the posts are consistent there, you might even get a link in the blogroll:P

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2006

Nice. I look forward to the reading. I haven't read your Vengeance trilogy review yet though because I have Lady Vengeance sitting in the living room, waiting to be watched, and figure I may as well watch it first.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2006

Woohoo! Dangle that carrot, tallman. =P

You should definitely give it a watch, Dyre- tallman and I had different reactions to it, and I'll be interested to hear your take.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2006

Alright, I've seen it now. I really liked a lot of visuals, camera-angles and such, but not as much as Oldboy. There were a few things in that department about Lady Vengeance that I actually didn't like. The rest of it didn't fair too well with me. I don't think it's bad but it seemed unnecessarily complex and slow-moving. The humour in it was actually somewhat distracting as well. There were little quirky funny things here and there in Oldboy too but in Lady Vengeance they seemed too out of place and kinda pulled away from the story. Like I said, I don't think it's bad, but it was definitely very disappointing (and I was going into it expecting it not to be as good as the other two in the vengeance trilogy). I shall go read your review of the trilogy now, Sam.