Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2006

One of the annoying things about blogging is that when you complete a post, you want people to read it... and when I check my stats, I invariably see people who visited the site just a few minutes before I post. For instance, tonight it appears that DyRE was here about 5 minutes before I posted the Aliens board game entry. Grrr. At least I know he'll probably be back at some point:P But this seems to happen pretty often. I guess I should post earlier in the day...

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2006

Your Aliens post makes me crave board-game goodness.

I have to confess, I like the idea of miniture gaming a lot. I've always wanted to get into one of those games like Warhammer 20k, etc. I've actually contemplated picking up Hero Clix, just because they look so amusing- build teams of heroes, and beat each other up.
    Unfortunately, I can't convince any of my friends to engage in something as blatantly nerdy as Hero Clix.
    Aliens might be a reasonable compromise, though. Who doesn't love Aliens?
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

I've been itching to play D&D again. I might have to dig up my RPG Crappe, and see about putting together a campaign. I should probably guage interest first. None of my friends would want to play, which is probably why I've not played in so long. My brother liked it, and he had a friend that would play too. My dad's friend (and his family) might be interested as well. And it's been long enought that I think the statute of limitations is up on our old characters, so we can make everyone create a new one. Fun.

Never heard of Hro Clix, but sounds fun. Aliens would be cool, except that you can't really buy it anywhere for a reasonable price. You can get it on eBay, but a quick check shows the starting bid for the game at $100. It's a cool game, but it's not worth that price. It might be possible to print out all the pieces you need for the game (see the website i linked to in the post), but that would be kinda lame.

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

I've never actually played Hero Clix, but it looked fun to me, too. They have a little book that comes with them, apparently, to give rules for the various powers that super heroes have. Super Man's flight and heat vision and stregth, etc. And, as they take damage, you just turn the little dial on their base, and that keeps track of how much damage they've taken, and changes their stats to reflect how that would effect the rest of their powers.

I was thinking about looking for the rules and maps for Aliens online. I might do that, and download those, and then just go to Game Workshops and pick up some minitures for the game. The Xenomorphs could pretty easily be represented by Tyranid mintures, and Imperial Guard would, rather obviously, make good marines.

I always wanted to get into Space Hulk or WH:40K (not 20K as I thought earlier), but I could never find anyone to play. *sigh*

I tried to get into D&D for a while when I was younger, too- but my friend's brother was always the DM, and he was a right prick. He and I didn't get along very well, so every time we played, he'd punish me- The first time we were playing, I spent the majority of the game knocked out or otherwise incapacitated. The second time we played, the same thing started happening and I said screw it, and quit.
    =/
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2006

My friend had the actual Aliens minitures (from the Aliens roleplaying game), which were really awesome. You'd have to paint them, but if you can swing it, they're really cool. A quick search shows that they're available on ebay for relativelycheap price (assuming it doesn't drastically increase):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aliens-Warrior-Pack-NO-4-Leading-edge-games_W0QQitemZ150066988938QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16489QQcmdZViewItem
    http://search.ebay.com/aliens-leading-edge-miniatures_W0QQfromZR40

I've never really played anything other than D&D, and it wasn't that complicated either. We just sorta made up rules as we went along, and it seems like most gamers are much more knowledgeable about that stuff than we ever were... still, I can't imagine being "knocked out" for most of a session. I don't blame you for skipping out on that crap.

~tallman