Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2006

I'm a big fan of the Bruce Timm DC animated stuff- that's Batman the Animated Series and everything that followed along from it, pretty much (Superman Adventures, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Batman Beyond).

Batman: TAS was awesome, and Batman: Beyond was all kinds of slick, but I'm really enjoying the writing in Justice League Unlimited. I picked up the Season 1 & 2 set over the weekend, and some of the dialogue is just fantastic.

In one episode, the Atom is looking for something when we see a large shadow rise up behind him- he turns and sees a huge robotic worm of some kind- "He's bigger than my car now, Katie. Personally, I blame you." We hear her respond "What? How is this my fault?!" "Because Otherwise it would be my fault. And that's not right, I'm a professor."
    He punches the control circuits or something, and it cuts to a scene of his lab assistant looking concerned and calling his name into the receiver (he's tiny, so she can't see him). It cuts back to the Atom, and we see him lying facedown on the back of the now deactivated worm. We hear her call out to him again, and he doesn't move. Finally, he responds "I'm going to lay here for a while, Katie. I'm old now, and I get tired."

For some reason, that scene just really tickled me. Of course, ten minutes later it was beat out by a scene with Batman.

Batman's jet is badly damaged and he's forced to eject. Upon ejecting, the seat is also damaged, so the chute doesn't open. He calmly radios for help as he plumits towards the ground: "I could use a little air support.*brief pause*
    Seeing as I can't fly.*brief pause*
    At all. *longer pause as he rapidly approaches the ground*
    Now would be a good time."

I just thought I'd share.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2006

I haven't watched any of those series except the Batman animated series, which was absolutely awesome (though I probably haven't seen it in 10 years or so). Still sounds interesting and may be worth a netflix queue slot. But that queue is getting pretty long:P