Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2006

I didn't mean to, but I ended up writing a whopper of a blog entry tonight. The only problem is that I can't tell if I'm being incredibly boring and pedantic. It's basically an entry about Linux that ties in with last week's entry on choice, but whenever I write about something complicated like Linux, I feel like I have to explain some stuff to make sure a general audience understands what I'm writing about. However, I don't know if that comes across as repetitive or annoyingly patronizing.

This happens more often than just this past entry, and I think that's part of why my entries tend to get long. Sometimes I think it's a good thing, sometimes not so much... what do you think?

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2006

Honestly, that didn't seem that long to me. Then again, I'm rather known for being a bit... verbose. My e-mails frequently end up reading like novellas, I suspect.

Still, I was able to follow along with it, and stayed interested right up the end, and I don't know anything about Linux. Not once did I feel patronized.

So, thumbs up from me.
    (Look how long it took me just to say "Yeah, seemed cool to me.")
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2006

Cool, that answers one question - sometimes I get a little stuck on a subject, and I worry that no one cares. For example, I have a couple of other ideas for "Choice" related posts queued up, but I don't want to beat a dead horse. I think I got my point across:P

As far as the patronizing goes, I'm glad I don't come off like that because I tend to do a lot of background explaining no matter what I write. It would be interesting to see how a *nix person would react to my post...

~tallman