Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2006

Last week, my company ran a little charity thingy for the United Way. Each department made a basket filled with goodies, and then people bought tickets and we held a raffle for each basket (you could choose which baskets you wanted too). I only put in 12 tickets, but I ended up winning what was called the "Sugar Cube" (it figures that the one ticket I didn't put in a basket containing alcohol was the one picked - maybe someone is trying to send me a message.) This is basically a giant basket filled with candy. Generous guy that I am (that and I didn't want to eat all that candy - I'd gain like 800 pounds!), I put the basket on the edge of my cube. Sort of giving back to the community type thing. This was late Friday afternoon. By this morning, there wasn't much left and by the time I left, we were down to the dregs. All that candy - gone in around 2 days...

Anywho, I'm gearing up for the next week of weddings and travelling fun. I've got a wedding this weekend which is (thankfully) local, and then I've got to fly to Boston on Sunday because I'm attending a conference from Monday through Thursday (UIE 11, if you're interested:P) Should be good times, but I'm already exhausted just thinking about it. I'll be glad after this week, when I won't have so much going on and I can relax a bit.

How's everyone else? What're you up to? Hope everything's going well. Later:P

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2006 edited

Bonjour! Free stuff goes fast in offices, I've found, and people will flock from departments far and unconnected to get something for nothing. Also, I once won a jar of gumballs by guessing how many were in there (I guessed 124, there were 125).

I have been well, I suppose. I borrowed a friend's camcorder and recorded a bunch of footage of my friends' band recording a demo this weekend. Apparently I handled being there well, managing not to create any feelings that I was being intrusive despite playing the role of gigantic eyeball and I have some good footage I hope to work into a documentary type thing much later on. I did some rather amateur mixing for this band a while ago with stuff they recorded on a digital 16-track they have. Those recordings didn't turn out well, mostly because they were recorded in people's houses, without enough mics, that kind of thing, so it was great to hear them in a real studio with a huge mixing board, ProTools, and an engineer/producer who obviously knew his way around the stuff inside and out, and to still be able to be a part of it somehow.

Other than that, not much going on. Have you been to a conference like that before? They always seem like they'd end up being pretty dry affairs but I wouldn't know from any personal experience. Is there free stuff?
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2006

I've come to the conclusion that I must be a drama magnet- I feel like there's alway something vaguely ridiculous going on in my life, even if I'm not directly involved in it. Weird.

My life has been relatively calm, lately. Work is really busy- we just did a demo for the CIO and they liked it a lot, so we're setting them up next week. Hello visibility! So, that's good news for me. The bad news is that I have to overhaul quite a bit of it. I'm far from an expert, but even I can already see "Wow, I set these tables up all wrong." You can definitely tell that I was winging it going in. That's a big pain in the ass, but unavoidable, since this was my first project.

The only drama in my life right now is some mild confusion as to a girl's intentions. I simply can't tell whether she's interested or not. I'm assuming that she is, but it's hard to know because she's ridiculously busy at work right now- she's been working six day work weeks since our date. Still, we went on a date, and we're still in contact, so I figure that's a good sign. Plus, most days, I think we send at about 2 or 3 e-mails back and forth to each other. Seems like a lot if you're not at all interested. Ah, romance in the digital age- instead of notes and letters, we shoot e-mail.
    Somehow, infinitely less romantic.

Man. I just realized, I'm really famished. I'm going to scrounge for some food now.