Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfoucault
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2006 edited

So, I saw Tool for the third time last night, at the Tweeter Center up in Mansfield, MA.

set list:

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    ├ćnema

I think another older song or three would have been great, but aside from that, the band sounded awesome. Maynard had a synthesizer or mixing board or something up on stage...it was cool, it filled out the sound on some of the new stuff, and added some really cool touches to a few older songs.

Plus:

-the band was really into it...songs sounded great.
    -the crowd was energetic and into it, but pretty laid back...there were no assholes, which is rare for a Tool show.
    -the stage/lighting were really cool.

Minus:

-it was pretty chilly out...dropped down into the 40's...it's getting a little late in the season for outside venues, I think.
    -nothing off of Undertow or Opiate?
    -it took us 2 hours just to get out of the parking lot...no explanation from anyone, anywhere, why. I really dislike the Tweeter Center. I've been there multiple times in the past, and it's always left a bad taste in my mouth, but I figured, it's Tool, how bad could it be? The wait to get out was as long as the concert...never again. I hate that venue, and I'm not going back.

So, overall, great show, with a few things detracting. A little better than when I saw then in 98, but not quite up to par with when I saw them in 2002, near the end of the Lateralus tour...but then again, I still consider that the best concert I've ever been too.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2006

Sounds groovy. I've never seen them in concert. In fact, I haven't been to a concert in quite some time. Last one was that springsteen thing that I hated. I don't even remember the last one before then. The last one I really loved was a Faith No More concert in 98 (or so) where we booed Limp Bizcuit (who was opening, and not yet popular) off the stage. Awesome show, in a small venue. Probably not as high tech as what bigger acts like TOOL or NIN put on these days, but still great.

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2006 edited

Tool was in LA early last month but I couldn't make it. I did see them at Coachella earlier in the year though and they were fantastic, although, like your experience, not as good as they were in 2002 near the end of the Lateralus tour, which I also consider the best concert I've ever been to.

Have you guys seen the teaser trailer for the new live NIN DVD? It's orgasmic. Well, at least it is if you were at any of the gigs from the most recent tour: http://www.nin.com/components/mm/byit_teaser_225.mov