Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2006 edited

Okay, so, I went on that date last Sunday, right?
    And it seemed like it went pretty well. We had delicious sushi, and she asked me to go for a walk afterwards, and there was lingering at the door- which I've been led to believe is a good sign. So, the next day, I sent her an e-mail around 2:00 or so. She sent me an e-mail a couple of hours later, and then another short e-mail around midnight. And I haven't heard from her since. I responded to those e-mails on Tuesday. Didn't hear anything back. On Thursday, I called her and left a voicemail. I basically said hello, that I wondered how her week was going, and wondered if she'd be interested in seeing a performance at the School of Music this week. She never called back.

I just don't get it. I mean, I can understand if she's not interested, but I can't understand why she wouldn't at least call me or send an e-mail. Also, I can't understand why she'd send me two e-mails on Monday if she didn't have a nice time on Sunday. And if she had a nice time on Sunday, then I don't understand why she'd stop returning my calls/e-mails now. I mean, we were sending at least 2 e-mails a day back and forth to each other for, like, a month. Now, suddenly, I get nothing? Doesn't that seem... I don't know... weird?

I don't know. I just find it confusing and kind of annoying. And it's not like I can ask, because I feel like I've made contact twice already, without a response. Three times seems like it would be... I don't know... lame? Lamer?

How frustrating.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2006

Well, who's sucking humble pie, now?
    Oh, that'd be me.

Got an e-mail. Apparently, she was called out of town on business unexpectedly, and spent most of the weekend working. So.
    Yeah.
    I guess that's a reasonable explanation. =P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpencer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2006

That, or she's juggling you with another man.

Highly unlikely though. Glad to hear she hadn't abanonded you.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2006

That's honestly what I thought when I first read your description. I can't imagine being cut off in the manner you talked about - it would be one thing if she never contacted you after the date, but you exchanged emails a couple of times, and I doubt she would do that if she wasn't interested. Then again, who am I to speak on romantic matters:P?

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

Heh.
    Well, my luck with romance has been... questionable at times, so I sometimes find myself thinking the worst when maybe I shouldn't.

Did I ever tell you about the first girl I dated when I went away to college?
    We started hanging out, and one night we started making out and fooling around a little bit- nothing too serious, but still, clear interest being expressed to the tune of some mild groping and such. The next day, she slides a note under my door telling me that she likes me, but she can never see me again.
    Keep in mind, we live, like, four doors away from each other.
    Crazy.

The second girl I dated in college... heh... this is good. She came into the store I worked at, and started flirting with me enough that even I noticed (which is saying a lot, since I never notice these things). She says I should come hang out with her, that she's having her 19th birthday party that weekend, etc. So, we start hanging out. After we've been seeing each other for a few months, she comes to me and says "I have to tell you something- I haven't been completely honest with you."
    Okay. That's not a good way to start a conversation.
    "That wasn't my 19th birthday- it was my 17th."
    WHAT?!
    Okay. Not okay. But, right.
    Oh, wait... there's more?
    "Brian asked me to marry him last week."
    What?! I've met Brian several times- he seems like a nice guy (he let me in the theater for free to see Way of the Gun), but why we he do that?!
    "We've been dating for a couple years."
    Oh.
    Well.
    That makes sense, then.
    (Well, as much sense as it can make for someone to get engaged at 17)

Anyway, yeah.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. Sounds like she's pretty busy for the next week and half, but I assume we'll do something after that. Maybe? Probably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre

Dude, I bet she's a dude! You shouldn't let that deter you. You mean well and that's enough.

Er, I, uh... no seriously, I hope it works out. I'm not a very trusting person but I still think it would be a good idea to have your attack bear stay just out of sight the next time you guys go out, in case anything goes down, the bear can rush out and handle things. Don't go on any dates during the winter. The bear must sleep. The best part about this is that you can tell the truth about why you don't date during the winter and people think you are being funny not weird. You're actually being neither. You're being smart. Anyway, yeah, attack bear. man. Don't leave home without it.