Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2006

I actually got back yesterday, but I was tired and didn't want to do anything. I like this long weekend thing too, as it affords the introvert in me to recharge after a week of basically non-stop socializing...

I saw Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Decent enough, but I think it's one of those movies that can't decide whether it wants to be a comedy or a drama. As such, there are missed opportunities in both areas. It ends up coming off as a very dark feel-good comedy. Strange. It doesn't completely work, but it was an interesting watch. Can't fault them for trying. Steve Carell is great, as is the little girl, who is just amazing. There's this one scene at the beauty pageant where the host is singing... at... the little girls and when he gets to the one we know, she just has this perfect look on her face. Perfect.

Anywho, that's all for now. I'll be around:) What's up with everyone else?

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2006

Hey, sorry there wasn't a guest post from me. I ended up being really drained most of the week and didn't want to toss something half-assed up. Hope your trip went well.

I've been busy but not with anything particularly interesting. Work-related stuff, mostly. This weekend though, a couple friends and I stayed up all night Sunday and on into Monday, celebrating Labor Day by being amused at everything, the way you can only be when you're tired (or on drugs... but we were just tired). It was fun and I sent entirely too many people a text message at 5 in the morning announcing that my friend "Courtney eats poo!"

NetFlix tells me Battle Royale should arrive tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2006

Yeah. I've been busy having major fights with the ex-roomie.

Taking the X-Box prompted a series of increasingly angry and almost psychotic phone-calls from him, wherein he threatened to call the police, and informed me that I shouldn't have to be told "at my age" not to do that, etc etc.

While I conceded that taking the X-Box was wrong, I pointed out, in a calm and reasonable manner (Riiiiight) that he shouldn't hve to be told to pay the rent on time, or to not leave the country and stick me with a $1200 rent bill, etc etc.

It was one of those things where I felt like I'd been beyond reasonable for the majority of our stay together, and that, at the first sign of my doing something he didn't like, he lost his mind over it. I decided that it meant that the gloves were off, and I just let it all out on the table. I was furious.

I thought everything was done and taken care of, but no. He still hasn't paid the fucking rent, and now we've got to go to court. Tomorrow. Which I just found out last night since the notice was delivered to my new place yesterday afternoon.

*sigh*

I will never have a room-mate again. This is easily the worst living situation I have ever been in. I don't understand how someone can be so completely irresponsible and stupid. I can't believe that I pay my rent a week to two weeks early every month, but my credit is still going to take a hit because his stupid ass couldn't be bothered to pay his half on time.