Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2006

Okay, I'm a liar.

So, Hien called me last night to chat. After a few minutes, she asked me what I thought of one of her friends, and basically asked me if I was interested in dating said friend.
    Oh. Awesome.

How do you tell someone "Nope, I'm not interested in dating your friend, because I'm all kinds of interested in you?"

I just can't think of how that could be said in such a way that it would let the friend down gently, while sweeping the inteded off of her feet.

Ah, well.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

It's like the roommate switch from Seinfeld.

"Well, Hien, I'm not sure how it's pronounced, but I believe it's..."

and so on. I don't think it would work, though:P What did you end up saying?

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

What does it say about me that I have no idea what you're referencing there? =P

Um. What did I say? Oh. I sort of hemmed and hawed for a moment, and then started with "Oh, Hien. I don't know...I'm really sorry, but..."

I think that the next time I see Hien, I may attempt to explain more thoroughly. "Listen, Hien. One of the big reasons I can't date her is because I'm actually interested in someone else. Speaking of which, what do you say to dinner and a movie sometime?"

Hmmm. Maybe not quite like that. =P